Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
I own this game and it is disappointing. I dont usually post reviews but the writer was right on point. It has some very nice features that I wished Madden had. But overall it does not have the excitement value for me. Again this is only a personal opinion. I have talked to several people who enjoy the game. I think because I have been a Madden and NCAA fan for so long that anything new would have to be super super outstanding, and for me this game is not. A 5 is about right for this game.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #34
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Backbreaker Review

This reminds me of 2k football. People hated and thought it was hard b/c of the steep learning curve from Madden.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 17

so the review says absolutely nothing about the groundbreaking physics work and realism in tackles and player interaction?

My problem is that Madden has had HUGE gameplay problems last few years with turnovers, OL play, stupid 12 man pile ups that turn into 80 yard runs at least once per game, pointless and broken franchise, etc etc yet gets 8s and 9s from OS. And THAT game is supposedly all realism.

Backbreaker doesn't claim to be that...yet its thrown under the bus like this?

Poorly reviewed IMO, even if the final score is accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastarheel
I own this game and it is disappointing. I dont usually post reviews but the writer was right on point. It has some very nice features that I wished Madden had. But overall it does not have the excitement value for me. Again this is only a personal opinion. I have talked to several people who enjoy the game. I think because I have been a Madden and NCAA fan for so long that anything new would have to be super super outstanding, and for me this game is not. A 5 is about right for this game.
see I respect your opinion....and I can understand where you are coming from since you explained why you feel that way.

tell me though, do you think Blitz is more realistic than BackBreaker?...like the Professional Reviewer who represents Operation Sports states.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Then a good or bad review shouldn't upset you.
Again its not that the score was bad, I give the game a 5 myself, it's the reasons for it being bad. Never once did he mention the lack of plays, hot routes, a real replay camera ect...

He said pretty much I suck so it's bad boo hoo.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #38
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
who are "some people"?....potential buyers or most on this site who seem to be enjoying the game?

as far as consistent bad scores.....again, the #s game mean nothing, if the content in the Review is rubbish.

apparently I must be a GAMING GOD....LOL...

any other GAMING GODS out there that do a better job of completing passes than some of these low #s the reviewer and Mestevo giving off?
My first game in my custom season (pro mode, hard, all 8 custom teams in the 50-60 OVR range) I got my *** handed to me 55-27, and I threw 7 picks... and still managed to complete 55% of my passes and throw 2TDs. I think the defenders catch a little bit too well, but I'm not having anywhere near the issue that our wonderful reviewer claims.

As for road to backbreaker mode - you're an expansion team, you're supposed to suck. The idea is to build a team up and eventually work your way up the tiers to win the championship - not to go all blitz the league style and win 30 games in a row.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
My first game in my custom season (pro mode, hard, all 8 custom teams in the 50-60 OVR range) I got my *** handed to me 55-27, and I threw 7 picks... and still managed to complete 55% of my passes and throw 2TDs. I think the defenders catch a little bit too well, but I'm not having anywhere near the issue that our wonderful reviewer claims.

As for road to backbreaker mode - you're an expansion team, you're supposed to suck. The idea is to build a team up and eventually work your way up the tiers to win the championship - not to go all blitz the league style and win 30 games in a row.
EXACTLY!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
see I respect your opinion....and I can understand where you are coming from since you explained why you feel that way.

tell me though, do you think Blitz is more realistic than BackBreaker?...like the Professional Reviewer who represents Operation Sports states.
I think he went a little far with that. Blitz was not real football to me. Backbreaker makes a very good attempt at making a good football game. Even if you are a die hard 2k person (which I also loved) I think you will be disappointed in this game. If the game play and the quirky camera angles are fixed, Madden and NCAA will have a serious problem on their hands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »