Home

MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

Is there any way to see your teams overall in Road to the Show?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 3

I took a break from this game for about a month. Just started playing a bit a couple of days ago after the patch and man am I struggling.

I'm playing a season on Legend difficulty and the game is relentless, lol. Pre-patch I was a lot closer in games. I was 8 and 7 before I started playing again. Now I'm 13-19 and I'm getting handled on Offense and my pitching just sucks. I'm last in the league in HR allowed. The CPU refuses to swing at out pitches. It's like they take a pitch with two strikes that's extremely tempting like they have a 3-0 count. I'm not trying to throw all strikes but that seems to be the only way to make the CPU swing.

Does anybody play this game on Legend? It may be time to move down because this game is tough as nails.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #219
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't believe you have to completely restart, just have to get to a new season. Example, once you finish year 1, the potential issue is corrected starting in year 2.

Just putting this out there for the folks who may be on the doorstep of completing their first season.
Is this correct? Anyone get to a new season and notice the difference? Is it just less A potential pitchers or are their better position players?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #220
Rookie

OVR: 0

wel what do you know.. I changed the "PITCHING" difficulty back to HOF ( "BATTING" difficulty stayed @ HOF) and I ended up winning 8-6 with 15 hits... weird
Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #221
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo
wel what do you know.. I changed the "PITCHING" difficulty back to HOF ( "BATTING" difficulty stayed @ HOF) and I ended up winning 8-6 with 15 hits... weird
I don't blame you.

Last night I played another game in my season, and it was going well until all hell broke loose. I had a no hitter going through 4 with Gavin Floyd against the Twins. The thing that just pissed be off was how I had 6 hits to this point and not 1 run. In the top of the 5th, I had bases loaded with nobody out and the CPU (Slowey) got out of it unscaved. Not because I wasn't hitting the ball well, but because I literally lined out back to back with Alexei and Pierre. It smoked these balls... I was thinking please give me a break! Beckham then comes up and grounds out to end the inning. I was moderatly pissed. I was 0-6-0 at that point in the game and the Twins didn't even have a hit.

Next inning Thome smashes a bomb on me. The go up 1-0. Then he blasts a 2 run HR off me again in the 7th. Twins up 3-0. In the 8th I muster up 2 runs on them to cut the lead to 1. I had Thornton ready in the pen to face Kubel, Mauer, and Thome. All three of these guys reach base off of singles, lol. Matt Thornton is throwing 97, and they are t'ing off on him. To cut a long story short, the Twins ended up scoring 5 runs off of Thornton in the 8th to just crush any chance of me winning the game. I finished the game, but just turned my system off in disgust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #222
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGlove
I don't blame you.

Last night I played another game in my season, and it was going well until all hell broke loose. I had a no hitter going through 4 with Gavin Floyd against the Twins. The thing that just pissed be off was how I had 6 hits to this point and not 1 run. In the top of the 5th, I had bases loaded with nobody out and the CPU (Slowey) got out of it unscaved. Not because I wasn't hitting the ball well, but because I literally lined out back to back with Alexei and Pierre. It smoked these balls... I was thinking please give me a break! Beckham then comes up and grounds out to end the inning. I was moderatly pissed. I was 0-6-0 at that point in the game and the Twins didn't even have a hit.

Next inning Thome smashes a bomb on me. The go up 1-0. Then he blasts a 2 run HR off me again in the 7th. Twins up 3-0. In the 8th I muster up 2 runs on them to cut the lead to 1. I had Thornton ready in the pen to face Kubel, Mauer, and Thome. All three of these guys reach base off of singles, lol. Matt Thornton is throwing 97, and they are t'ing off on him. To cut a long story short, the Twins ended up scoring 5 runs off of Thornton in the 8th to just crush any chance of me winning the game. I finished the game, but just turned my system off in disgust.
I know that feeling bro ,, my last game playing @ legend in 3 different occacions I had runners @ 2nd and 3rd NOBODY out! then pop-out,pop-out, strike out! its like impossible lol! I sometimes feel when i'm down 0-2 its almost game over since runs are so hard to come by.. and disaster always seems to strike in the 7,8,9 inning so i guess I'll be sticking with HOF
Old 06-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has anyone still experienced freezing at Tropicana? It just happened to me after I installed the patch. Maybe I need to do a clean install?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #224
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

I have not read instances of the cpu making roster moves for your team if you have your teams profile set to manual. I do a 30 team control franchise with one profile for my Reds team and a cpu profile for the cpu teams.

Everything has worked out well but I just started the 2012 season and after 2 games, the cpu has sent 4 or 5 of my pitchers to the minors and placed a couple pitchers on waivers. I corrected the pitchers that were sent to the minors but could not fix the waiver issue but the pitchers cleared waivers and were sent down. I called a couple pitchers back up and the cpu sent them back down the next day.

Everything has ran really smooth until I started the 2012 season. I don't know if is a glitch or what but it has taken then wind out of my sails so to speak if I cannot fix it.

Volzquez was sent to the minors and he was my starter on Opening Day of 2012. I don't know how many guys have made it to 2012 to see if this happens to them or not. Just puzzling, because I have been using the workarounds for franchise and it has been working fine and has been a lot of fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »