Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #289
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloynoys
I have a question. Without 30 team control will these rosters work with franchise? I got 7 years into my first os franchise and then. It broke where every good player is a free agent so mine is the only real team so Im going like 130-32 every year. I hate it and it's annoying because I can't do anything about it.
Basically, if this is what I think it is, the contract logic for the computers isn't as good as a person. So now teams are over signing players, paying for $120 million players left and right. With how allot of these players progress, allot will be demanding high dollar contracts and so now you have a league full of teams with only 6 or 7 really good players on a team and you managed your players right for less money and so you have a realistically affordable team while everyone else is trying to be the Yankees.

PM me if you need more explanation.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 AM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You are....and I thank you.
Reading your posts though is like listening to someone who won't take a breath!
I appreciate it...don't worry.....I'll get in the changes that are possible.
I already did most of the ones you noted....maybe not the exact players you requested...but the ones who are not playing...I changed.

You seem to be on top of it...so I'll ask....who are the duplicate players in the set?...I believe there were 4.

Thanks guys.

M.K.
Knight165
cf josh anderson of the brewers the real one is on the reds,saul rivera of dbacks the real one indians,casey fien of the tigers the real on red sox and jonathan van every on the redsox the real one is on the pirates was trade yesterday back to the pirates for catcher josue peley to boston .Just wanted to add john bale of the royals was release .reds release kip wells and doug weather.dave davidson,seth mcclung of the marlins was release .nats release eddie guardado,willy taveras and brian bruney now with the brewers.rockies release tim redding he with the yankees now. mets release frank catalano and kiko calero.dodgers release josh tower,russ ortiz,nick green and ramon ortiz.A's release jay marshall and J.c holt of the braves now with the A's.Indians release scott lewis. shawn riggans of the rays release.justin turner of the orioles now withe mets. And also dontrelle willis trade to dbacks for billy buckner.blue jays trade dana eveland to pirates ronald uviedo.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #291
Banned

bushidonole's Arena

OVR: 3

Stupid questions to you vets, I'm sure..

I just got a PS3 yesterday and The Show was the first game I purchased. I was told by some friends to download these rosters ASAP, which I did. I'm pretty impressed how in depth the creator went with the prospects. I'm assuming none of the ratings for the MLB players were touched though, correct?

Anyways, two questions..

1.) Is it possible to edit the overall potential rating for a player? Example, Tim Beckham is a B potential. Is there a way to bump that up to an A?

2.) I just promoted Castro from the Cubs AA to the Pro team and then it said that the AA lineup is incorrect and it won't let me move on until I correct it. How do I go about editing the lineup in the Minors? I only see the option to edit MLB lineups from the Main Menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 AM   #292
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL_6492
Basically, if this is what I think it is, the contract logic for the computers isn't as good as a person. So now teams are over signing players, paying for $120 million players left and right. With how allot of these players progress, allot will be demanding high dollar contracts and so now you have a league full of teams with only 6 or 7 really good players on a team and you managed your players right for less money and so you have a realistically affordable team while everyone else is trying to be the
Basically every good player is in the free agent pool now. I am in spring of 2017 and I'll give you the rundown of the top free agents, smoke, castro, Alvarez, stanton, heyword, green, stassi, Sandoval, Cain, lincecum, kemp, morales, pujols, mccutchen, fielder, Braun, gallerdo, bruce, soto etc etc etc. To give some perspective there are 52 full overall players in the free agents while there are only 19 playing. This obviously gets annoying as I have a normal team, but because every other team is awful, I smoke them. I simmed an entire season and won 124 games I think. It's just not fun anymore. What am I doing wrong?

The only answer people have told me is to restart and turn on 30 team control and do it all manually, which isn't the greatest solution.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #293
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
Stupid questions to you vets, I'm sure..

Anyways, two questions..

1.) Is it possible to edit the overall potential rating for a player? Example, Tim Beckham is a B potential. Is there a way to bump that up to an A?

2.) I just promoted Castro from the Cubs AA to the Pro team and then it said that the AA lineup is incorrect and it won't let me move on until I correct it. How do I go about editing the lineup in the Minors? I only see the option to edit MLB lineups from the Main Menu.
Unfortunately there is no way to change it unless you create him manually which requires you to change him with another already created player as all the spots are already filled up with knights players in the minors, it is possible though because you won't be losing anything because he doesn't have any MLB stats.

Go to your lineup and move the right thumb stick to cycle to aaa or aa.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #294
Banned

bushidonole's Arena

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no way to change it unless you create him manually which requires you to change him with another already created player as all the spots are already filled up with knights players in the minors, it is possible though because you won't be losing anything because he doesn't have any MLB stats.

Go to your lineup and move the right thumb stick to cycle to aaa or aa.

Thank you

I've read that there are a lot of progression concerns and that only players with an A potential actually progress as they should, while everyone else declines, is that correct?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #295
Rookie

Yeah it gets pretty crazy sometimes, I play as the rockies and Carlos Gonzalez is somehow a B potential, not really sure how that happened, but he barely gets better and never gets better than someone like Seth smith, who is also a b potential but starts better than him.

Another example is Huston street who isn't good enough to close in two years and isn't good enough to be in the majors in 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #296
Banned

bushidonole's Arena

Quote:
Yeah it gets pretty crazy sometimes, I play as the rockies and Carlos Gonzalez is somehow a B potential, not really sure how that happened, but he barely gets better and never gets better than someone like Seth smith, who is also a b potential but starts better than him.

Another example is Huston street who isn't good enough to close in two years and isn't good enough to be in the majors in 5.
That's discouraging to read.

Are you able to edit ratings in season like you can in other sports games to make up for the lack of improvement? Also, has Sony been made aware of this? Have they addressed it at all?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »