Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #121
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think the cpu sits some of my guys in the bullpen if I make a mound visit. There have been a couple times the last few games where I swear I had a guy warming up only to go to the pen and nobody is. This is only something I've seen (or mis-remembered) post-patch.
I haven't seen this so you probably just "misremembered"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #122
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I wish they would have the double switch option on the quick menu for subs. I think everyone knows you can leave a pinch hitter in the game now so that was a nice fix. Just played the Dodgers in a series in LA.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #123
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't know if it was the patch that caused it since I wasn't there before...but my "My Player" mode now freezes whenever I try and hit "start" after year two's recap. It goes through the awards and everything, and goes to the screen showing your player's progression from the beginning of the year to the end of the year, and you have to hit start to advance...game freezes there every time now.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #124
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Did you know when you go to sub a pitcher using the quick menu (pushing down) that if you hit triangle while in that menu the bullpen gets displayed? The pitcher(s) throwing in the pen get shown and it shows their readiness level as well. I did this by accident the other day and never knew it existed.

Check out Ichiro robbing me (click in my sig for the blog and video).

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=2083609
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #125
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

How is this game post patch vs 2k9 post patch?

I sold the Show cause I'm bored of it and like the hitting and pitching of the 2k game.

So I bought 2k9 on the cheap and it's decent so far. And I found some very good updated rosters online.

Curious to know if 2k10 is that much better to the point where I should get it.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #126
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

I sold the Show cause I'm bored of it and like the hitting and pitching of the 2k game.

So I bought 2k9 on the cheap and it's decent so far. And I found some very good updated rosters online.

It's much better than 2K9. I'd hate to go back to 2K9 after playing 2K10.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #127
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

It depends on what you want out of the game. From what I can tell, 2K10's franchise play is not worth the money.

But for a pick-up and play game, it's pretty great. MLB Today is just a fantastic feature, and 2K has done a surprisingly good job of keeping up with roster moves and line-ups.

I play a couple of games a day, and I just find the presentation and gameplay to be addictive. I'm playing through a franchise season right now with the Cardinals and the Rangers just to see how bad the stats really are.

But I'm still drawn to the MLB Today games. I will go through and play games where that feature the guys on my fantasy baseball team. It's pretty cool, because I get up-to-date stats and standings for lots of different teams, as I play their games. MLB today has me playing as far more teams than I ever took the time to play before.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #128
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
It depends on what you want out of the game. From what I can tell, 2K10's franchise play is not worth the money.

But for a pick-up and play game, it's pretty great. MLB Today is just a fantastic feature, and 2K has done a surprisingly good job of keeping up with roster moves and line-ups.

I play a couple of games a day, and I just find the presentation and gameplay to be addictive. I'm playing through a franchise season right now with the Cardinals and the Rangers just to see how bad the stats really are.

But I'm still drawn to the MLB Today games. I will go through and play games where that feature the guys on my fantasy baseball team. It's pretty cool, because I get up-to-date stats and standings for lots of different teams, as I play their games. MLB today has me playing as far more teams than I ever took the time to play before.
At least 2k10 doesn't freeze all the time in franchise. Even after patches, I couldn't get past May in any franchise without it permanently freezing. And that franchise had a lot of problems as well. Both franchises are bad, but 2k10's is probably a little better, as at least you can edit a ton of players in the minors now, and you get 40 day rosters, and the in game play is fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »