Home

40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part II)

This is a discussion on 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part II) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
agreed Black Rome - but making steals and blocking EASY hurts too many other aspects of the game, feel me? i'm not a game developer but the number one issue is the ease that we can pass into the paint...the minute they add more defenders taking away post position and pass deflections out of bounds (because too many steals makes the game sloppy) 2K gets TONS better in my opinion. second, the "contact shots" animations are good as well..they've done alot to show the physicality in the painted area.

what i think makes it comes full circle? expanding the "hands up" defense animation to one that basically just makes the defender try to challenge the shot from any angle. this way we'll have an option for non shot blockers to try and bother offensive players without getting a high amount of foul calls.

this would finally allow us to play post defense alot better and would dissaude the "just get close to the basket and press shoot" mentality...because YOU GUESSED IT! an open 15 foot jump shot would have a higher chance of going in than dwight howard in the post with kendrick perkins draped all over him.

while sometimes (though not much) we could get hit with fouls, i'd love to see a TON of challenge shot animations that lower the chances of an offensive player converting. the closer the defender? THE BETTER and MORE EFFECTIVE THE ANIMATION.

here's an example of Jermaine O'Neal challenging Mareese Speights without fouling him. Even though there is light contact no foul is called. speights still converted but a shot like this should go in maybe 40% of the time...although speights is a one-dimensional good offensive player, the defender and his skill level and timing were good enough to make this low-percentage.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1292497

the block button get abused waaay too much with players like ray allen, kobe bryant, jason kidd, rip hamilton and hell even ron artest who are solid defenders--but AREN'T shot blockers. they should get whistled regularly when they try to block shots. expanding our ability to challenge shots finally gives these guys their proper weapons/tools on defense. bruce bowen was the best perimeter defender in the NBA for a good five years and he was NOT a shot blocker...he moved his feet, crowded and bothered the hell out of scorers tho...and we need to see that in a SIM as good as NBA 2K.

@ TUSS11 - you couldn't be more CORRECT, we need players around a player being double-teamed and especially versus full court presses to be LOTS more aggressive coming back to the ball.

Last edited by Kushmir; 05-29-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10
#18 #18 and #18

I HATE the fact that the game lets the defense set up before you can inbound the ball against the press. And then when you inbound the ball you are sucked into the defender. I agree that running full court should severly punish the user by sucking energy just as if you are using the turbo button.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #19
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
There needs to be more fouls but also more blocks. When you consider how often people try to score in the paint there really isnt that many blocks.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:34 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Online play is a joke. It takes me & a buddy an hour at least to get a full My Crew game in. This is because either we both get booted, one of us gets booted, or the game we're in is full of 7'5" PG with 99 3-pt ratings.

2K needs to make it so cheesers have to at least play a bit realistically.

Oh and My Player needs some work too. You shouldn't start as a 40. Heck, if you were that bad, you'd never get invited into a camp. But they maybe need to make max rating for some positions too. A center should not have 99 3-pt or 99 speed. Just like a 5'7" PG would never have 99 dunk. Or if they don't put a max, make it so you can't edit those ratings. My Crew could be as fun as the EASL in NHL, but it was a big let down this year.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
14,15 are the most needed to fix imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 05:44 AM   #22
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part II)

That was a good article about fixing those things that would put the game ahead. It's a great game that brings out the frustration in the simplest player. I will say that this title has left me more satisfied than the previous ones where I didn't desire to go back to those ones. This is more realistic minor the little nuances that aren't true enough to simulating reality.

I was playing my friend today. I couldn't explain to him why Shaq wasn't capable of block Carlos Boozer's shot when he was beat and out of position. Shaq was at a peak vert where his neck was about the same level as the net while they we a good 7-10 feet away from the basket. Discouraging when I mmanipulate a situation like that only to be rewarded with an unrealistic result.

Fouls aren't called enough and the hyperness of button mashing is t rewarded with the proper whistle enough either. They need to step up that game and cause players to improve their mental when they approach the game.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3
I agree that running full court should severly punish the user by sucking energy just as if you are using the turbo button.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5
I hate 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »