Home

40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part II)

This is a discussion on 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part II) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I do agree with number 19...Alot!!

Reaching Fouls is pretty hard thing. You don't want it to for every missed time steal there should be a foul called. That would be too frustrating for the ****** gamer. I think these things should be adjustable with sliders. But the failed steal attempt animations are a perfect counter for button smashers. I totally agree on your point that we need more of those animations

If they based it off a players combined defensive awareness/steal rating average I'd be ok with it. For example if someone is jabbing on the steal button relentlessly with a low rated defender he should be called for a foul every failed attempt or every other failed attempt. The higher your rating the more leeway you get in that regard.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't know what level everyone plays on. But this has been my experience. If I press the steal button. And get a fail attempt animation. I would say about 90% of the time if I try again (and miss). I will get a foul called on me.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19
I'm playing right now to get my fix until NCAA comes out.

Something I didn't see on the list:
There needs to be a Strength rating that is based off of Height & Weight of players so the Shaq's/Howard's can really move player's in the "Post".

There needs to be a Power rating that determines a player's ability to exert force during contact (Pierce, Kobe, LeBron, D. Williams etc...) that allows them to play through that contact.

Smooth out or include setup steps/momentum into jumpshot (NCAA Basketball 10)

NBA inside Drive on Xbox had the perfect Block from Behind animation that's needed.

CH 2k8 Player Shoot around during Pre-game talk up.

NFL 2k5 type interviews with player's/coaches.

More pass variations (low spin bounce, one hand Shaq etc...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 16
Allow Ranked Hall of Fame games. That will leave the cheesers on the superstar level.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 16
2k needs to take a look at their leader board. I often take a look at their shots selection . If you look at the last game the user played at the top of the leader board they normally score all of their points right under the rim. 2k8 had all but eliminated the abuse of the paint. They did it by making the block and steal in the paint more effective. I was ranked in the top 20 on 2k8. You did not see this type of abuse then.

Users learned you could not live in the paint. You also could disrupt the center running right down the middle.

All of that has been changed.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir Hassan
Calling plays is too often an exercise in futility because we leave ourselves a sitting duck for button mashers.
This has happend to me so many times online. Instead of calling a play, the steal spammer can move your offensive player all the way across the court without a foul call. Even when I haven't moved the left stick.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10
17. Reaching Fouls

Yes, these are still an issue after all this time, especially online. The fact that reaching fouls still are not called at a frequent enough rate is perplexing and hampers gameplay. Calling plays is too often an exercise in futility because we leave ourselves a sitting duck for button mashers. The NBA game is one of position defense and playing the passing lanes, not poking away for on-ball steals. Gamers like the animations where "reachers" get out of defensive position (I would love to see more of them), but nothing will resolve this for good like calling frequent and consistent fouls.

YES YES YES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #16
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12
Adding to #16, A.I. teammates should react better when you're being double teamed. The players should come back to the ball to provide relief for the ball-handler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »