Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #113
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
yeah, i walked two guys tonight, but still feel i have too much control of my pitches. i turned up the CPU batting contact to 70 in my sliders to force me to pitch around guys or otherwise get torched...

but this is still a "fun" game to play... and for us 360 people, our only option.
No doubt. If you are only on the 360, then this is a solid title and I think you will get your money's worth out of it.

Last week, I managed to stumble upon a PS3 Slim and now own The Show and I just don't have time to go back and forth between 2 baseball games.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #114
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Finally got a chance to play the game with the latest patch and have to say, the game played pretty similar to post-patch #1.

I was still able to pinpoint all of my pitches, no matter who was on the mound. Fielding is still on auto pilot and the lack of errors really drive me nuts, especially when you see the CPU range deep in the hole and do the jumping Derek Jeter-type throw and gun you down every single time.

It's a fun game in a lot of ways but I just don't think there's enough depth there to keep me engaged long-term.
I cannot pinpoint my pitches near as easy as I could before, this is with the pitching sliders difficultity almost maxed out by the way.
My problem is it is too easy to hit after this second patch.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #115
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Not for me. I've sucked on offense since the patch. Not sure if it's a usual slump (probably) or something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #116
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I cannot pinpoint my pitches near as easy as I could before, this is with the pitching sliders difficultity almost maxed out by the way.
I have mine pretty much maxed out, too. Pretty much all my pitches still hit their intended target.

I agree with hitting. Post-patch I'm getting 10-plus hits with no problems.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #117
Banned

OVR: 0

I think when discussing how easy or hard pitching and hitting are post-patch, it would be helpful to discuss what sliders you are using. It might also be helpful to discuss how many games we are talking about, and what kinds of pitchers you are facing and using.

I'm simply playing on Pro, as that is what I started doing as I waited for the patch. I decided unlocking cards and accumulating achievements would be worth it, as the gameplay really is fun.

But I am having a range of experiences. Morton form the Pirates last only 3+ innings for me the other day. But with Wainright on the Cards, I carried a no-hitter into the 6th inning. But I walked batters with both players.

Hitting has gotten a bit easier. For one, I'm hitting home runs with lesser known players now, and I can do it without using the power swing. But overall, I'm getting realistic results. I might be held to 2 runs in one game, and then blowout for 11 the next. I'm averaging about 4-5 runs a game.

At some point I will stat adjusting sliders, but for now, I'm enjoying just unlocking achievements and trading cards. But I don't think I will need to adjust sliders a ton to get get more realistic results. I'm pretty close now.

In fact, I will probably just bump it up to All-Star and Legend before messing with sliders too much.

But really, the answer when it is too easy or too hard is to adjust the sliders. It doesn't mean the patch was broken.

I think it would also be worth noting how you play. I throw nearly exclusively to the catcher suggestions. I force myself to throw the pitch called, and try to hit somewhere in the yellow box. I have the strike zone turned off.

My theory on hitting is that the AI is throwing more strikes now, so you get a good pitch to hit more often. So either contact needs to be dropped, or the same with strike zone tendency. You would be surprised how much harder it is to hit when you force the AI to throw more balls.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
...but of which we all know 2K will find something else to screw up.

I agree that the patch has made this game better, but it's still a LONG way away from simulation baseball. Franchise problem...speed of gameplay...errors...injuries...CPU in-game decisions and overall roster management - all these things and more still leave this game light years away from where it should be. Personally, I'm not holding my breath that they'll fix a lot next season, namely a Franchise Mode that needs an overhaul.
I've only played the game with the patch since gamefly sent it my way yesterday. The game is somewhat fun, but it feels like it doesn't know if it wants to be a fun arcade game or a serious simulation. The fielding is terrible, yes its better than 2k9 in that regard but its still downright terrible. outfielders warp to make catches on a regular basis and something about the overall animations just feels off.

The lack of errors, poor cpu managment, hokey pitching mechanic (I know alot of people like gesture pitching but it screams arcade to me) the cartoonish graphic style. Most of which turns me off. The presentation is really the bright spot as much like NBA2k10 its extremely tv presentation like, lots of overlays, decent commentary etc. the unfortunate part is the game on the whole, like most 2k sports titles, lacks serious polish. Its a fun pickup game but I still think the overall Show experience is a better all around game of actual baseball. If 2k could actually polish a product it would be one special experience.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 11

Although I applaud VC for the strides they've made in 2k10 compared to last year's disaster, Its just not polished enough for me to roll with it this year. I wanted a blu-ray player, so I decided I might as well just get a PS3 since its the best player out there, and I went ahead and got the Show so I'm going to roll with that until 2K gets their act together in the future.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #120
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think the cpu sits some of my guys in the bullpen if I make a mound visit. There have been a couple times the last few games where I swear I had a guy warming up only to go to the pen and nobody is. This is only something I've seen (or mis-remembered) post-patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »