Home

The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

This is a discussion on The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
let the flame war begin, why is this only posted in The Show forum?
I kind of wondered that myself. I really belongs in the Baseball (Other) forum due to comparisons typically aren't allowed in specific forums. But the traffic is much higher here.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Rudy, you and I have talked a bunch about baseball games this year and going back a few, we have similar playstyles. You bring up a lot of good points about 2K10 and I agree with pretty much all of them, especially the camera angles and "fun" factor.

I will say that the pitch speed in MLB 10 does seem toned down from 09. I still zeroed out the Pitch Speed slider and I can get a better read on pitches this year than last year.

Maybe it's because I'm a new PS3 owner, but I'm really digging The Show more than ever this year. I like the real-time presentation they've added in and the new Broadcast cam that you can use for fielding/batting is pretty sweet.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Imo the more you play the better you get with pitch speed at default. I struggled with it for the longest time and dropped it to 0 because of that but I've recently gone back to default and I'm having no problems whatsoever. I think this is a case really where practice makes perfect. The more you play the better you are going to get.

I'm not going to get into the 2k vs Show debates because I really don't think the mods want that here but I will say I love the Show and it hasn't gotten old for me at all. I think it keeps getting better and better. The one thing I would like to see improved is the announcing, I think that could use some work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Oh and forgot to mention, I really enjoyed the article. Very fair and balanced comparison of the two games.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
The show is the closes thing to visual representation of the mlb period!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
look out MLB 10 the show, here comes NHL 11...
Old 05-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Imo the more you play the better you get with pitch speed at default. I struggled with it for the longest time and dropped it to 0 because of that but I've recently gone back to default and I'm having no problems whatsoever. I think this is a case really where practice makes perfect. The more you play the better you are going to get.
Practice doesn't make perfect. I've played hundreds of games with the Show and I have always averaged less than half a walk a game because the pitch speed is too fast for me. I'm simply not going to get better. I've accepted that. It's a VERY easy and small fix for SCEA that has a huge impact on my enjoyment of the game. Just give your pitch speed slider more weight for those of us that want to slow it down (put your sliders back to a 20 point system too).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

I thought we weren't supposed to compare both titles. You both should be banned haha. Anways i've played both. 2k10 is pretty good. It's a nice game. It's still way too easy to pinpoint your spots when pitching though. And like you say the fielding is horrible. The show is still the class of t he baseball genre although i get the stale thing. Still waiting for that sports game that sucks me in and doesn't let go. There is so much that can be done. It just isn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »