Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Patch is out!!

I just played a game on the PS3 with the patch. I don't even know if the full patch is out for the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just played a game on the PS3 with the patch. I don't even know if the full patch is out for the 360.
Ahh thanks Rudy. I'm defitinitely going to get this after I drop my gf off at work. Haven't played this game at all as of yet.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 28

about to play an online game. See how it is.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Guys...

See my post under the roster section regarding a name editing glitch that has now shown up. Any edited name does NOT show up on the back of the jersey (but rather remains as the "fake player" you changed). It edits in the player editing section but not on the jersey...

Another cruel joke from 2K sports...
Old 05-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28

wow, only after a few innings you can tell this game has changed. Hit variety has changed in a huge way. way more. Harder to pitch to the corners. I cant pinpoint my breaking balls anymore. I am using Ely from the Dodgers and when i try to paint the corners, they are way outside. lol

Feels like a whole new game. To bad no errors.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 7

PS3 user, the patch is awesome. My breakdown:

Pitching
From the looks of it, I am going to have a hard time using Carl Pavano and Luke Hochevar in my Royals Franchise, they both lack in the Control category and I won a Cy Young in my 1st year with Hochevar pre-Patch because it was easy to paint corners and strike out batters. Very hard to paint the corners now, but you know what it is just another learning curve for me to master the pitcher's mechanic so the game doesn't become stale. I actually like this because I agree, even though I play on Pro level, it should be harder to use a low-rated pitcher. Realistic in my opinion.

Batting
Love, love, LOVE IT. The check swing just makes me a better batter because I am weak against the Slider pitch and now I can pull away when I see the trajectory after its break.

Fielding
Never, ever noticed the rocket arms in the outfield, because I always use the Royals and I did become suspicious about it when Ankiel lasered a ball but I looked at his attributes and he had 99 Arm Strength, so I shrugged it off. However, people on here were complaining about it and I did a test on my own with DeJesus in Center (80 Arm Strength) and he also had a rocket. DeJesus has a strong arm, but not Brett Favre velocity. Good thing they fixed this.

Injuries and Errors
It is a big stink for the people who play every game in Franchise mode, but for someone like me I usually play random games and simulate most of the time so I see the trades and injuries occur. However, I did Error twice in a game on a flyball with Jonny Gomes in Right Field. He made two errors in my 2nd year 2011 so far. In an online game, Mitch Maier playing Center Field, the ball hit him in the head! Errors do happen in games, but extremely rare.

MLB 2K10 (w/ Patch) vs MLB 10 The Show
Not starting a war, just comparing the games now that the Patch has dropped. Next year, I think 2K is going to take the crown from The Show. Hey, it is just my opinion but The Show is extremely dull and boring. To me, and to quote someone who said this about Madden, 'it is like having a hot girlfriend and she is terrible in bed.' Good graphics, animations, but the gameplay just isn't there for me. I know some of you Show guys will be offended by this, but it is just an opinion. Lets not start a war and have this thread closed. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Did the XBOX 360 get the full patch?? I down loaded an update but it took all of 3 seconds to download. I have played 2 games and am not seeing any deference on pitcher control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #32
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
wow, only after a few innings you can tell this game has changed. Hit variety has changed in a huge way. way more. Harder to pitch to the corners. I cant pinpoint my breaking balls anymore. I am using Ely from the Dodgers and when i try to paint the corners, they are way outside. lol

Feels like a whole new game. To bad no errors.

had my sliders doing this in version 3 but won't bother to put em out now...2k are the kings of doing stuff after seeing/hearing about my work

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »