Home

MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #65
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
This was posted by Pat from SCEA Sports a while back in "The Show on 1080p" thread, and after the release of this recent patch, I was wondering if it was forgotten about or if there is still a chance that it gets fixed? Or was it fixed and I'm just not realizing it? Thanks much.

Pat_SCEA_Sports
Regarding 1080I (Interlaced)
After seeing this thread we checked out 1080I mode and indeed on some TV's it is noticeably blurrier than last year. (Some TVs don't have an issue with it). The applied filter setting was an unintentional side effect of another change. The filter has been removed from 1080I and it now looks much much better. We even dragged out a legacy 1080I crt and made sure it looked good both on CRTs and on LCD panels. I'm sorry that slipped through. I agree the blurring effect is annoying. Please bear with us and know that the change is already a part of our next patch (not the March 3rd patch).

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0-1080p-7.html
I'll check it out in 1080i and 1080p either later on or tomorrow - I would so much rather play in 1080.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #66
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
Maybe I'm better off not downloading the new patch. I don't want the game to keep freezing on me. I'm ok with patch number 2.
I agree, that's what I was afraid of and why I haven't DL'd it yet. I was planning on doing it in a few minutes, now I'm not so sure.

Are we sure this is patch related?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #67
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7

Sheesh, can any update work without causing another problem?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh91
Sheesh, can any update work without causing another problem?
Yeah, this concerns me a little bit. If it was just one person having this problem once, fine. But numerous people seeing it multiple times, and yeah, that quickly turns into another bug. I really hope it's not true because if the only option is "don't install the patch" then that's the end of online play. I'm still on patch 1.10, so I'll probably be sitting on this another few days to figure out what the hell I should do.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #69
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

Ok well I took a chance, I just DL'd the patch. Simmed to the end of the month, clicked on manage roster and I had no problems. I did this 4 or 5 times on different dates to make sure.

Not saying I'm not going to have a problem in the future but figured I'd post the results anyway. I'm going to hope for the best.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:53 AM   #70
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

thats the problem, not enough incidents to say for sure this is a real bug. Guys running around making random threads about CPU not hitting enough and etc must be a bug
Old 05-22-2010, 02:00 AM   #71
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
thats the problem, not enough incidents to say for sure this is a real bug. Guys running around making random threads about CPU not hitting enough and etc must be a bug
Yeah there were a couple of times where I had the game freeze on a HBP with the bases load and there was another time where it froze on a homerun.

It just happens in this game from time to time, I'm hoping that's all it is because I really wanted this patch bad. There is a lot of good stuff in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

No manage roster freezes here....tried loading several old save files from as far back as March.

About to play some games now...Thanks for the quick response to the 3rd out run bug guys! (and to Corporate for allowing you to push that last fix through).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »