Home

* UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found

This is a discussion on * UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #73
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details (5-18-10)

Yeah, first game I played with the new patch I had a run count on a third out grounder as well. It's the first time I've had it happen in the last two years.

In this case, my team batting (manager mode), ball deflects off the pitcher to the second baseman and the runner is thrown out. Run counted. I usually try to play through bugs, but I had to kill this game because it was the go-ahead run late in the game, so I couldn't let it stand.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #74
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Please let this not be true, otherwise a complete game killer and I will not download update 3
Old 05-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Yeah, first game I played with the new patch I had a run count on a third out grounder as well. It's the first time I've had it happen in the last two years.

In this case, my team batting (manager mode), ball deflects off the pitcher to the second baseman and the runner is thrown out. Run counted. I usually try to play through bugs, but I had to kill this game because it was the go-ahead run late in the game, so I couldn't let it stand.
Well gentlemen, I believe I'll be unplugging my PS3 ethernet cable before it forces me to download this patch.

Russell - This needs to be fixed man, this is completely unacceptable, on any level. This is the equivalent of the cable company coming and saying they improved your signal, but finding out that any channel above 5 doesn't work.

PS - While you're at it, can you *please* fix the issue where batted balls hitting baserunners don't count as an out. Collision detection is great, but if it fouls with basic ground rules of the game, why include it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu
Well gentlemen, I believe I'll be unplugging my PS3 ethernet cable before it forces me to download this patch.

Russell - This needs to be fixed man, this is completely unacceptable, on any level. This is the equivalent of the cable company coming and saying they improved your signal, but finding out that any channel above 5 doesn't work.

PS - While you're at it, can you *please* fix the issue where batted balls hitting baserunners don't count as an out. Collision detection is great, but if it fouls with basic ground rules of the game, why include it?
I wish I'd unplugged mine....

Looks like I will be putting this game away until this issue is fixed.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #77
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Please let this not be true, otherwise a complete game killer and I will not download update 3
I sort of agree with you. I've never uttered the phrase "game killer" (you can check my post history) but this bug, if left unfixed, would be. I can overlook little bugs, but this one will affect the outcome of games, so it would pretty much be a game ender for me.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 3

It happened in my game as well on franchise mode. Was off today and looking forward to playing the show. Nice job Russell and SCEA team. I'm expecting patch 4 fixing this to be out REALLY REALLY SOON AS IN LIKE LATER TODAY.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #79
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I'm actually contemplating the same thing. Fortunately for me the game plays great post patch 2! And I don't play online so it's all good until I finish my season.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

It happened to me too. I was finishing up a game I started pre-patch. Hit a fly ball to deep center. Run scored from 3rd. Run counted, but when the play was all said and done, it ended up a triple play cause of the screwed up running controls.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »