Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #1417
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

I know this isn't the place but putting pitch speed up to 10 worked for me. I was ahead of everything plus now change ups are change ups. I can't wait for V2 to be released now that I know what works for me. having great realistic games. I was pretty frustrated with the game but now its fun and see what all the hype is about.

pitch speed at 10
fielder speed at 1 or 0 can't remember (the outfielders)
solid hits at 1
fielder arm at 4

other than that I think everything else is at default or close to default. something different works for each person.

How are people doing the stances for V2? I hope they are looking at a player and seeing what fits in there opinion rather than following some of the team edit threads which are WAY off. I used a couple MLB video sites and actually did line drawings or gesture drawings (yes, I am a artist) of hands, shoulders, bat position, legs, head position, body posture, and lastly bat wag (though tried to get as close as possible).

Knight, I'm willing to help out with this in the future. I wasn't aware I had stance OCD and feel I should put it to good use for others.

Last edited by Pittsburghkid; 05-14-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #1418
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
I edit my sliders for minor league games because of the low stats. I leave a lot of stuff at default, but I max out the power and contact slider and tweak the pitching sliders for both teams a little to give them better command. I also increase the baserunning sliders. Because of the low ratings, SCEA has guys that have played baseball since little league (in many cases) playing the game like little leaguers. Pitchers have a hard time throwing strikes, etc, when in reality many of these guys can throw a strike with their fastball much better than represented in the game. Think about it, if these guys couldn't halfway throw the #1 for a strike, why would they even be drafted? many minor league pitchers on this game pitch like Rick Ankiel. By maxing oiut power and pitching sliders it plays a little more to form and the studs stand out a little more.
AMEN brother. How do they play out when you play manual games?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #1419
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
AMEN brother. How do they play out when you play manual games?
They only way I know how to put it is studs are still studs (if not moreso), but the lesser and average guys aren't complete incompetents. I can't remember my complete slider setup for the minors (I change for MLB and AAA games), but I have fielding errors at two instead of default and I have the pitching sliders for both sides at 10 control, 10 consistency and 3 strike frequency. I play on All-Star with Psycho's sliders + a couple tweaks (Arm Str at 4, speed and BR ABL at 6 and Stl Agg at 8, 3 fielder speed and six reaction). With Knight's rosters thay plat out very well for me.

Oh, I also use 3 for pitch speed. Except for my tweaks above, I change eveything back to psycho's default for MLB games.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #1420
Rookie

OVR: 3

meh pitching in minor leagues is fine for me and I can do pretty good, it's just the hitting that gets me a little irritated
Old 05-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #1421
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
Problem is, 20 days were wasted from the release of V1 to when Knight started V2 since a couple of guys were supposed to be doing faces, but it seems as though Knight is going through and doing faces also......still need stances and pitching edits after Knight finishes, so we are probably still looking at early-mid June for V2.....
I thought strut did the stances already?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #1422
Rookie

OVR: 2

Need to develop a more comprehensive, reliable team. There is no reason one single person should be doing so much work.

Until about 5 minutes ago, I had all but forgotten about this game. I dont have money like that...
Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #1423
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

pardon my ignorance, I've been keeping tabs on this thread everyday for the last like 10 days haha. but I think i might have missed whats in the V2 update.

It's Knight finishing all the Minor League faces, correct?

Here are my questions, again, sorry if they have been already answered;
1. is Strut doing the batting stances for V2, or will they be in V3? (My guess from what I think I might have read is V3)
2. Are there going to be updated roster moves, or will the rosters be from Opening Day?
3. Are we going to have the 40 man roster bug again with V2? Meaning, will we have to use the LETSGOMETS and Hokie method again? (Again, I might have answered my own question, but I'm guessing yes.)

thanks in advance guys, Knight and everyone working on these, your hard work is much appreciated.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #1424
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I thought strut did the stances already?
He did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »