Home

Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

This is a discussion on Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 3
re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

Yeah man, that tea is something else. The Chinese folks certainly knew what they were doing when they first brewed it all those years ago.

I always liked the 3D mode better, too, even though I generally prefer 2D graphics when given a choice. But most of my friends/league mates use 2D, so I figured I'd try to get used to it. I don't hate it anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #362
MVP

OVR: 27

Well, that's the end of my season. After narrowly escaping Houston in the Divisional playoff 17 to 14, and then escaping Buffalo 5 to nothing (yes FIVE to ZERO) in the Conference title game, I was taken down by Philadelphia in the Tecmo Bowl, 23 to nothing.

I can't complain because they beat me fair and square. They jumped on a fumble on the first series and never looked back, then Herschel and Randall ran wild, and every time I got into their territory there was a fumble or some kind of crazy interception (okay so the INT thing is a bit of a complaint, lol).

Anyway, good season, good game. I'll be back for more soon.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 05-11-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 AM   #363
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Has anyone won a competitive season? There is some serious BS that goes on about playoff time.

I got there with Houston and then got creamed by KC...a team I beat during the regular season (I think). Every WR was covered and Neil Smith must have been excellent because every single pass play he was in the backfield after plowing over my OT. I did get across the 50 twice...but fumbled twice.

Very frustrating...not as fun as I remember when I was 13. Is casual like the old STB?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #364
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Valdarez-Madden was the football game on the 3DO. I bought it for Madden.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #365
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Valdarez-Madden was the football game on the 3DO. I bought it for Madden.
Was it? Couldn't remember. It was awesome for it's time. Controls were a little clunky, but the graphics were amazing. I was a poor kid in college at the time working 2 jobs, so didn't have a 3DO, but I played it at friends house. Speaking of which, I have a little guilt there, as I was only friends with the guy for his 3DO and that football game. heh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #366
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
Has anyone won a competitive season? There is some serious BS that goes on about playoff time.

I got there with Houston and then got creamed by KC...a team I beat during the regular season (I think). Every WR was covered and Neil Smith must have been excellent because every single pass play he was in the backfield after plowing over my OT. I did get across the 50 twice...but fumbled twice.

Very frustrating...not as fun as I remember when I was 13. Is casual like the old STB?
Best thing to do to with out is go passing, pick the pass you can complete even if they call it (which means all shotgun), and run out of bounds before you get tackled each and every time. It's the only way to guarantee you won't get a fumble, which is how the game makes sure the games are tight.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #367
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG

Playoff time was always jacked up compared to the regular season. Could be very frustrating.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #368
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Best thing to do to with out is go passing, pick the pass you can complete even if they call it (which means all shotgun), and run out of bounds before you get tackled each and every time. It's the only way to guarantee you won't get a fumble, which is how the game makes sure the games are tight.
Ya I remember that trick from days of old...but it seems even more jacked up on competitive mode. Oh well it was still a blast from the past to play this game again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »