Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #1257
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Not sure if this was mentioned, but C.J Retherford of the Charlotte Knights is black in the game. Should look like this. http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-s...Retherford.jpg
Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #1258
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghkid
Rojo Johnson
I would love to see him included. I think an F potential rating would be accurate. His control should be no higher that a 2 or 3 on either of his two pitches (56-59 MPH fastball and 50-53 MPH changeup).

Last edited by Jason_19; 05-08-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #1259
Rookie

D3C4K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghkid
Rojo Johnson

Wow, just looked him up, and that kid's a beast:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...lays.ball.kxan

Pretty tough background, to boot:

Quote:
Johnson's online bio describes him as a Venezuelan phenom who joins the Express after having his prison sentence commuted.

"He served time for running a smuggling ring that imported rare and illegal species of reptiles into the United States from South America during the mid-to-late 1990s. Thursday night's game marks Johnson's first in American professional baseball after a storied career in the Venezuelan leagues."
Old 05-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #1260
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you just send players down to the minors at the end of Spring Training (for each individual team) instead of reducing the 40 man roster to 25? Or will the lineups still get mixed up if you do that?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #1261
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3C4K
Wow, just looked him up, and that kid's a beast:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...lays.ball.kxan

Pretty tough background, to boot:
That's awesome, I'm definitely going to start a RTTS as Rojo Johnson when v2 comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #1262
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

What are we thinking as far as the A potential player is concerned Knight? Lets talk.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #1263
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkasper
Can you just send players down to the minors at the end of Spring Training (for each individual team) instead of reducing the 40 man roster to 25? Or will the lineups still get mixed up if you do that?
yep that's exactly what you can do and it won't mess up the lineups....this is in fact what I do (mentioned that a little while back in this thread) and I think Knight might even do this as well...

it's really a great way to go about than reducing the 40 mans to 25 men rosters, but also takes a little bit more work......I like using it though
Old 05-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #1264
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
What are we thinking as far as the A potential player is concerned Knight? Lets talk.
I guess what I'd really like to do is bump up one of the B's... to the A...(which was Grant Desme) and then we could either use that old player as either a new guy or even give someone else a bump up.
I think either Ramos or Jackson would be "worthy".....I'm more inclined to Ramos than Jackson(sorry, I just don't like his approach to hitting and his propensity to strikeout vs. walk...and he doesn't have much power right now)
To me...Jackson is an above avg. contact guy....tick below avg. power guy....great defense and avg arm....pretty good baserunner.
Ramos.....pretty good contact....really good power....VERY good arm...and defense....below avg runner(what catcher isn't?)....
So it's going to come down to personal preference IMO.

Okay....crazy day at work yesterday...so got zero done there
Mother's Day today(wishing all the mothers a happy one!)....taking the wife out to dinner with the boys and then it will be back to work later.
Little bit of a crazy week...but I should be good and will keep you guys in the loop.

Just FYI....the update is looking really nice.
Took the set into the Future's Game just to get a feel for how everyone played and looked.....and I was not disappointed. Both squads looked pretty tight....off the top of my head...the SP's were Strasburg(what a shock) and Martin Perez(Rangers)....and the position players all looked right in line.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »