Home

Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

This is a discussion on Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2010, 09:39 AM   #337
MVP

OVR: 55
re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

They should know better. In a game based heavily on reaction, lag kills excitement. I hope they did sell enough for a sequel, but I don't know if I'll be able to put a heavy amount of time into the game. It DID seem like there were more people available to play the last few days over the first couple.

Does anyone know the actual sales numbers for the first week of the game? It has over 2000 ratings, so I don't think it completely bombed.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #338
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
That's why I waited for the impressions to come in before buying. I was burned last year with the DS version. It had the same issues as the lag made that game unplayable online as well.

I still may get this for offline play, but I'm not going to rush to buy it.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #339
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm with you DJ. I read through this thread. It is typical OS. Every one swears it is a must buy, and then about 2 weeks later, the game is dead to them. Patience is a virtue.

I appreciate the posts though. I would have bought the game today and was skipping pages ahead to see if there would be a patch. Now we know that Tecmo is a garbage company who just wanted to take your money based off their past success.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #340
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
That's why I waited for the impressions to come in before buying. I was burned last year with the DS version. It had the same issues as the lag made that game unplayable online as well.

I still may get this for offline play, but I'm not going to rush to buy it.
It's still fine for offline play. I know I'm personally sick of being sold broken games by sports makers. Tecmo, EA Sports, 2K Sports, it's universal that their products are bug ridden and for me at least, I'm beyond the breaking point. IMHO they need to in act legislation against companies who knowingly create broken products (software), just like they do with physical goods. This generation is the worse level of games ever. And I mean EVER made. Thank you M$ for creating the 360 and 'auto-update' for us gamers....
Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #341
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

The PS3 delay has been a blessing in disguise imo. Offline might be ok, but what gets me is that this team/company doesn't even want to release a patch to fix the broken MP. I find that insane, so if there are bugs in SP mode that come up in a week or two, we will never see that stuff fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #342
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
It's still fine for offline play. I know I'm personally sick of being sold broken games by sports makers. Tecmo, EA Sports, 2K Sports, it's universal that their products are bug ridden and for me at least, I'm beyond the breaking point. IMHO they need to in act legislation against companies who knowingly create broken products (software), just like they do with physical goods. This generation is the worse level of games ever. And I mean EVER made. Thank you M$ for creating the 360 and 'auto-update' for us gamers....
I'm with you there. The question is, how do you stop the cycle? I fear that things will only get worse, not better, as time goes on and we move to the next round of consoles.

It's not fair to consumers who spend $60-plus on a game to have to wait several months before the actual "finished" version of the game is completed. I think the gaming companies backed themselves into a corner with the tight deadlines they've imposed on themselves.

Do we really need to have the games a month or two before the actual season starts? I'd rather see that time spent further developing and testing the game. Release the game on opening day (any sport); it'd be a huge event and you'd be able to market the game well. The only "patch" would be accurate opening day rosters.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #343
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm fine with patches as long as there are no major issues with the release version and it could stand on it's own if needed. But yeah, I hate when they release an obvious unfinished game and let us pay $60 to be beta testers.

I'm not too down on Tecmo for not releasing a patch. From what I understand patches for XBLA games are rare if any as you get what you pay for. Multiplayer issues aside, they did create an excellent remake of the single player game. I think it was easily worth the 800 pts.

Last edited by speedkills; 05-07-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #344
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I'm fine with patches as long as there are no major issues with the release version and it could stand on it's own if needed. But yeah, I hate when they release an obvious unfinished game and let us pay $60 to be beta testers.

I'm not too down on Tecmo for not releasing a patch. From what I understand patches for XBLA games are rare if any as you get what you pay for. Multiplayer issues aside, they did create an excellent remake of the single player game. I think it was easily worth the 800 pts.
Does the singleplayer seem to run smooth? I tried the 1Q demo on XBL, but that wasn't enough to tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »