Home

Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

This is a discussion on Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #313
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
You know who is not very good in this game and was almost always hated on by Tecmo, John Elway. IRL he was an elite QB who could do it all, but TSB never made him all that good in any version of the game that I can remember. I tried playing a game with Denver and he was just bad.
They lowered Elway's scrambling ability in the SNES version but still has the 2nd highest rated passing speed. But still, with no real weapons to speak of he's sort of a gunslinger without any bullets.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #314
Banned

OVR: 62

I had more problems with his accuracy honestly. He just isn't very good in this game for me at least. Who does Denver have on that defense, I remember Steve Atwater (who is underrated), I think they had Karl Mecklenburg (sp) at MLB (#77), maybe Mike Croel?

Does San Diego have Natrone Means or Marion Butts?
Old 05-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #315
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'm doing a speech for a speaking class on Tecmo today. Oh my poor audience...
When I took my public speaking class, back in the 90's, I did a presentation showing the evolution of video games. I put together a vid, starting with pong, atari, nes, SNES (think that was the last). Class liked it. The teacher though it was weird. heh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #316
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I had more problems with his accuracy honestly. He just isn't very good in this game for me at least. Who does Denver have on that defense, I remember Steve Atwater (who is underrated), I think they had Karl Mecklenburg (sp) at MLB (#77), maybe Mike Croel?

Does San Diego have Natrone Means or Marion Butts?
Butts.

San Diego's D is something to fear, but what's scarier is their playbook if you plan on playing online.

Elway is alright, but that's the problem= he's not elite like he should be. He has some talent around him, but I felt like his playbook was a bit on the bad side.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #317
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

I dont remember passing being so slow on SNES. I havent seen many completions of +25yds.

So QB's like Rodney Peete cant throw over anyone.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #318
MVP

OVR: 55

I just took a KR to the house with Rod Woodson against a Chiefs user online! It was gratifying considering people intentionally kick it short to make you return. That should be a big mistake against Lightning Rod. I finally made someone pay for it.

When I host games I don't just beat people, I bury them. Some of these guys got by when I didn't have precise movements and wasn't able to make my reads, but if the tables turn there's no chance for some of these guys. You can tell a lot of players aren't used to the passing yet. I win a lot of games simply from someone trying to throw a few bombs, failing, me punching in a short score... rinse and repeat. Competition should tighten up once people get more settled with the passing.

In terms of leading the WR, I think it has to do with when you exactly throw the ball. If I throw at certain times, I can lead guys more consistently. If I wait too long or throw too quick, he won't lead the WR.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #319
MVP

OVR: 12

To be honest though this game requires zero skill at all. Basically it all comes down to who is hosting versus who is not. I am undefeated when hosting games, and been beat quite a few times when I am not. The lag is terrible for those not hosting games and its apparent. When I host the games I have pretty precise control over my players , versus when I am not hosting and I cant even run a zigzag pattern.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #320
Banned

OVR: 15

yep. im also undefeated while hosting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »