Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

There are a lot less Madden haters than people think. People just want a decent playing game of football, its pretty darn simple. As it is now, football is the worst representation of all next gen sports titles and its a shame.

When the exclusive contract was signed, many people thought it would be bringing in a new era in football titles, and it sure did...

This isnt an exclusive versus no exclusive topic though.

With the exception to graphics, both Madden and NCAA have failed to deliver even after 5+ years of next gen. Even leaving the 2k series out of the equation, they still havent made a game that was better than NCAA 04 and Madden 05 yet. Its pathetic. I am comparing the same football titles to the same football company so anyone can keep the " EA ***** " chatter to a minimum. When games that were made 5+ years ago...by the same company...play better and have more options and features than brand new football titles with 5+ years of next gen experience...its beyond sad.

This entire next gen EA crew should be moved to other products that are more suited to their development skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I personally don't know how the games feel this year with the new locomotion in place (and I can't see how anyone else who hasn't played the games can for that matter). Unless you didn't mean "play" in terms of control...

Everyone on this board has a short term memory. Locomotion was a HUGE selling point with Madden 09 and was followed with videos and blogs etc etc, and we all know how Madden 09 turned out. Why should this year be any different? Same song and dance every year. Every year is the year that things will be " finally realized and come together" only to be followed with maybe " next year " posts within less than 24 hrs of release.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #147
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
True...

I agree that football gaming is about 2-3 years behind where it probably should be due to the first maddens this gen (hopefully madden 11 will bring things back up to speed).

Anyways, like I said, I just don't get how ones can talk about Madden missing "basic" things and then say "Backbreaker will blow Madden away" when Backbreaker is also missing "basic" things. Seems like if they really want football gaming to progress as a whole that they would get backbreaker when it does have injuries, fatigue, etc. (if it ever will since it might not have a sequel).

In terms of madden 11, people are saying "Save 65!!!!... Get Backbreaker" due to the first trailers not showing true to life logic in animations and yet they go and say backbreaker is "TRUE FOOTBALL" when it lacks pretty basic things that football games have had since the 90's...

I guess some are just into animations more than anything else and can put all the other things about a football game aside. I mean, I just find it funny how much people "dissect" madden vids and are yet still pumped for backbreaker when if they did the same for backbreaker they could also see a lot of issues... some that are even bigger (like players being tackled by their own teammates pre snap).

To put it frankly, it's just one big hypocritical mess lol.

Again man, you're comparing a 5 year 6 year series to some game that hasnt been out yet.

Please understand, there are things that 2k5 has that blows Madden out of the water, so in terms of things like maybe animations, thats not a stretch to say.

I think people are tired of not having a choice is what it really is. Picking off pieces of comments without really going after the real issue is where the problem lies.

Some people are completely complacent and will accept anything. Then there are those who are tired of spending their money on just enough to get by when you know there can be and has been better quality.

As I said, let the fans ask for injuries for 6 years and they get ignored and you'll see the backlash, but on the other side there really is no excuse. NONE
Old 05-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #148
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Again man, you're comparing a 5 year 6 year series to some game that hasnt been out yet.
What do you mean? All I'm saying is it would seem that people would be wanting more regardless of whether or not it's an EA game.

Quote:
I think people are tired of not having a choice is what it really is.
Yeah more than likely that's what it is. That would explain a lot.

Quote:
Some people are completely complacent and will accept anything. Then there are those who are tired of spending their money on just enough to get by when you know there can be and has been better quality.

As I said, let the fans ask for injuries for 6 years and they get ignored and you'll see the backlash, but on the other side there really is no excuse. NONE

I didn't get madden 06 for the 360 due to it's lack of features and just stuck with the ps2 version. I got Madden 07 for the 360 since I just bought a 360 and I was craving for a new next-gen football game (since I didn't have any at the time). I bought it and was pretty disappointed after the newness of it wore off a few weeks later. I mean it was fun to play against friends and the graphics were amazing during the time but I was disappointed that it didn't play as well as the last gen maddens. But anyways, I guess I'm different then since if something was a "deal breaker" for me in terms of it not being in Madden I wouldn't get any football game period that doesn't have that certain thing and/or lacks something that is even more basic especially if I have been complaining about it for years. Maybe a bad example but I'm going to say it anyways (lol)... It like complaining about a cell phone not having MMS in 2006 but anticipating a new phone by a different company in 2010 that doesn't have MMS and text messaging.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-01-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #149
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Even leaving the 2k series out of the equation, they still havent made a game that was better than NCAA 04 and Madden 05 yet. Its pathetic.
In terms of depth in modes I agree but in terms of gameplay, I disagree...

Madden 10 is better than Madden 04 and 05 in terms of it. Less suction and better momentum during tackles and when breaking out of them alone makes it a better playing game (at least for me)...

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-01-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #150
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Everyone on this board has a short term memory. Locomotion was a HUGE selling point with Madden 09 and was followed with videos and blogs etc etc, and we all know how Madden 09 turned out. Why should this year be any different? Same song and dance every year.
Except for the fact that Madden 11 will have a completely new locomotion engine where as Madden 09 was just tweaks/additions in the already existing one.

So yeah... it should be different and according to the people who've played it, it is.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-01-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #151
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Except for the fact that Madden 11 will have a completely new locomotion engine where as Madden 09 was just tweaks/additions in the already existing one.

So yeah... it should be different and according to the people who've played it, it is.
Yeah, but remember how many, many things in the "early builds" last year at cd were absent/missing/broken in the retail version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #152
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Yeah, but remember how many, many things in the "early builds" last year at cd were absent/missing/broken in the retail version.
I highly doubt that a completely new locomotion engine that will more than likely be a "back of the box feature" will be missing.

Man... I could only imagine how these forums would be if that was the case lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »