Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #137
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah it's BS rudy how people change their standards. They nitpick Madden about not having the right cleats but then give a pass to Backbreaker for not having any injuries, LOL. Such hypocrisy.
I think the difference is that Madden has had 5+ years to get it right.. Backbreaker is in it's first iteration... and although they made a bad decision to not have injuries, I think people are praising it's potential.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #138
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
I think the difference is that Madden has had 5+ years to get it right.. Backbreaker is in it's first iteration... and although they made a bad decision to not have injuries, I think people are praising it's potential.
That makes no difference, Its still hypocritical. Can't flame one for not having things while praising another that doesn't have them either. That by definition is hypocritical.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #139
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I understand that, but still... I remember ones saying "I'm never going to buy a football game that doesn't have proper fatigue, lacking features, etc." in terms of Madden earlier this gen (a good number of them being 2k fanboys) and now they are all over backbreaker and call it "super sim" even though it doesn't have fatigue, injuries, hot routes, etc.

I'm pretty sure that if Madden put in euphoria but took out fatigue, injuries, etc., it would get a lot of bad feedback from the same ones looking forward to backbreaker. Heck, chances are if backbreaker didn't even exist and what I said in my previous sentence was true, ones would call euphoria a "gimmick" (lol).
I can hardly find many people that decree the "im never doing such and such" and follow through with it.

I did, when they released that mess of an NCAA basketball game and screwed the gamers over, even after not doing much work in the game, they weren't getting my 60 bucks, now the game is gone...ah well for them.

That said, the killer part is, you throw backbreaker off of the argument and you still have people here longing that this game can even do many things that a game was doing back in 2004

Think about it for a minute and you will realize how sad that is. Not only because it was so long ago, but because these are alot of basic things that people are asking for, its not even re-inventing the wheel.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #140
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

That said, the killer part is, you throw backbreaker off of the argument and you still have people here longing that this game can even do many things that a game was doing back in 2004
True...

Quote:
Think about it for a minute and you will realize how sad that is. Not only because it was so long ago, but because these are alot of basic things that people are asking for, its not even re-inventing the wheel.
I agree that football gaming is about 2-3 years behind where it probably should be due to the first maddens this gen (hopefully madden 11 will bring things back up to speed).

Anyways, like I said, I just don't get how ones can talk about Madden missing "basic" things and then say "Backbreaker will blow Madden away" when Backbreaker is also missing "basic" things. Seems like if they really want football gaming to progress as a whole that they would get backbreaker when it does have injuries, fatigue, etc. (if it ever will since it might not have a sequel).

In terms of madden 11, people are saying "Save 65!!!!... Get Backbreaker" due to the first trailers not showing true to life logic in animations and yet they go and say backbreaker is "TRUE FOOTBALL" when it lacks pretty basic things that football games have had since the 90's...

I guess some are just into animations more than anything else and can put all the other things about a football game aside. I mean, I just find it funny how much people "dissect" madden vids and are yet still pumped for backbreaker when if they did the same for backbreaker they could also see a lot of issues... some that are even bigger (like players being tackled by their own teammates pre snap).

To put it frankly, it's just one big hypocritical mess lol.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-01-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 22

Im really hyped for M11.. after enjoying M10 for many months and still enjoy it today.. i can only imagine that im gonna like M11 much more seeing that a lot of the stuff being fine tuned from last year.

I hope they keep on evolving the presentation/atmosphere some more. I know it made a world of a difference with M10 and it seems Ian and the rest at the camp realize that its a vital ingredient to a football game...it really does add so much to playing this game.

Also glad they retooled the kicking meter and scraped the old one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #142
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
True...

Anyways, like I said, I just don't get how ones can talk about Madden missing "basic" things and then say "Backbreaker will blow Madden away" when Backbreaker is also missing "basic" things. Seems like if they really want football gaming to progress as a whole that they would get backbreaker when it does have injuries, fatigue, etc. (if it ever will since it might not have a sequel).

In terms of madden 11, people are saying "Save 65!!!!... Get Backbreaker" due to the first trailers not showing true to life logic in animations and yet they go and say backbreaker is "TRUE FOOTBALL" when it lacks pretty basic things that football games have had since the 90's...

To put it frankly, it's just one big hypocritical mess lol.
The issue here is that we know exactly year in and year out how Madden / NCAA will play. I have no clue how Backbreaker will turn out, but its the first breath of fresh air in a football title that any of us have had since back in 2004.

Madden and NCAA have yet to fix the critical flaws in their titles year in and out, so people expect more from them since its apparent that from year to year, very little actually improves and in some isntances actually regresses.

I think we can all agree that we just want some solid football titles out there , and since Madden and NCAA have yet to be a solid title for the past 4-5 years, people hold out hope for something new.

Its a tragedy that features that were on the last generation titles on a much less powerful system have yet to make it into next gen...and thats without bringing anything to the table that 2k did very well.

Edit : To add to this, EA has been making Madden games since back in the very early 90s. If you take into account all the Madden and NCAA series across various systems...( SNES, Genesis, Playstation, 3DO, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Xbox, and the Xbox 360 etc...) then this team has probably over 50 different football titles to have learned from. Dont forget that even with 20 years experience with this genre, that it was just last year that fatigue didnt even work and had to be patched. Didnt they forget to include a ton of penalities one year as well? Think we had 3+ years of no facemasks even though the animation was still in. Wasnt it just 2 years ago that injuries were so prevelant that you actually had to turn them off due to 5+ major injuries just on your squad per game? Im much more willing to give a company a pass on leaving some features out when its their first football title...versus their 50th.

Im thrilled that someone is willing to even make another football title period, regardless of publisher / developer.

Last edited by Crimsontide27; 05-01-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Edit...
Old 05-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Im much more willing to give a company a pass on leaving some features out when its their first football title...versus their 50th.

Im thrilled that someone is willing to even make another football title period, regardless of publisher / developer.
Good point.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #144
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
The issue here is that we know exactly year in and year out how Madden / NCAA will play.
I personally don't know how the games feel this year with the new locomotion in place (and I can't see how anyone else who hasn't played the games can for that matter). Unless you didn't mean "play" in terms of control...

Quote:
I have no clue how Backbreaker will turn out, but its the first breath of fresh air in a football title that any of us have had since back in 2004.
It does look different (due to animations and camera angle) but that camera angle just doesn't look fun to me at all. When news came about the camera not being adjustable, it really did put a hamper on me wanting to play the game.

Quote:
Madden and NCAA have yet to fix the critical flaws in their titles year in and out,....

Come on now... while there are some flaws in terms of Madden, they have fixed issues that people have wanted fix and seem to be continuing that with '11.

Quote:
so people expect more from them since its apparent that from year to year, very little actually improves and in some isntances actually regresses.

I think we can all agree that we just want some solid football titles out there , and since Madden and NCAA have yet to be a solid title for the past 4-5 years, people hold out hope for something new.

Its a tragedy that features that were on the last generation titles on a much less powerful system have yet to make it into next gen...and thats without bringing anything to the table that 2k did very well.
To be honest, I just think it's people mad at EA for the exclusive deal than anything else.

Any football game that isn't made by EA is going to get some form of hype from "Madden haters".

I don't really understand completely ones saying, "Since Madden (and/or NCAA) doesn't have some things that football games have had since 2004, I'm not buying any more EA football games and will be getting a new football game made by a different company and will forgive the makers of it for the flaws that it'll have", when it would seem to me that people would get more and more tired of basic features being missing as the years went by regardless of who the football game is made by. Like if they got tired of Madden lacking things for 4-5 years, it would seem like they wouldn't give the light of day to a new football game lacking the same thing(s) and/or something even more basic since they put up with "lack" for so long.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-01-2010 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »