Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #129
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
The irony of people praising backbreaker when they ADMIT to being a arcadish sim
I agree. I see quite a few posts from people criticizing Madden heavily over not having everything correct and yet the same people saying "Can't wait for Backbreaker or Tecmo Bowl!". I think some of it is still hatred towards EA over the exclusive deal and they just can't let go despite the fact it's been over five years.

Some of it is simply expectations. People have much higher expectations for Madden than those other games. Madden isn't perfect and has had some flaws hang around forever so when the game doesn't improve much it gets flamed. If you took a newbie to football gaming and had them play Madden and Backbreaker for the first time I'm guessing 90% or more would say Madden is far superior. I'm guilty of this as well but sometimes we just have to step back from the disappointment over a few issues and look at the big picture. Is the game fun?

The other thing is labels. Some people say Tecmo and Backbreaker are arcade so they have no problem accepting certain flaws. Why not just accept Madden for what it is? A football video game. Whether it's pure sim or part sim and arcade, it shouldn't matter how you judge it imo. Just call Madden an arcade football game then and be happy. We should judge games based on how fun they are and not how they perform in a particular genre.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 04-30-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #130
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah it's BS rudy how people change their standards. They nitpick Madden about not having the right cleats but then give a pass to Backbreaker for not having any injuries, LOL. Such hypocrisy.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #131
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah it's BS rudy how people change their standards. They nitpick Madden about not having the right cleats but then give a pass to Backbreaker for not having any injuries, LOL. Such hypocrisy.
lol, very true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #132
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. I see quite a few posts from people criticizing Madden heavily over not having everything correct and yet the same people saying "Can't wait for Backbreaker or Tecmo Bowl!". I think some of it is still hatred towards EA over the exclusive deal and they just can't let go despite the fact it's been over five years.

Some of it is simply expectations. People have much higher expectations for Madden than those other games. Madden isn't perfect and has had some flaws hang around forever so when the game doesn't improve much it gets flamed. If you took a newbie to football gaming and had them play Madden and Backbreaker for the first time I'm guessing 90% or more would say Madden is far superior. I'm guilty of this as well but sometimes we just have to step back from the disappointment over a few issues and look at the big picture. Is the game fun?

The other thing is labels. Some people say Tecmo and Backbreaker are arcade so they have no problem accepting certain flaws. Why not just accept Madden for what it is? A football video game. Whether it's pure sim or part sim and arcade, it shouldn't matter how you judge it imo. Just call Madden an arcade football game then and be happy. We should judge games based on how fun they are and not how they perform in a particular genre.
Exactly what I'm saying, I want Madden to be as sim as possible, almost to the point where I probably will be happy if I never win the superbowl because it's that realistic...So I get peeved when certain things aren't to my liking but to see people calling for ea's head because they "lied about why short socks are in this year but not last" This place sometimes is more comical than informational (in a good way)
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #133
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I can interject here and say this goes far beyond Madden because its the exact same effect in basketball as well.

Backbreaker isnt even out yet and its the first iteration. There really is only so much comparing you can do.

Now give the devs at NM about 6-7 years with the game and they still leave fundamentals in the game in array and you'll see the same kind of despisings, especially when the fanbase has been asking for particulars for years on end.

I do understand what you fellas are saying but the truth is, you ask for one thing and continually get another and the basic things of the game stay damaged then yes there are going to be some issues people take with that.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 9
Gameflow sounds badass!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #135
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I can interject here and say this goes far beyond Madden because its the exact same effect in basketball as well.

Backbreaker isnt even out yet and its the first iteration. There really is only so much comparing you can do.

Now give the devs at NM about 6-7 years with the game and they still leave fundamentals in the game in array and you'll see the same kind of despisings, especially when the fanbase has been asking for particulars for years on end.

I do understand what you fellas are saying but the truth is, you ask for one thing and continually get another and the basic things of the game stay damaged then yes there are going to be some issues people take with that.
EXACTLY! Couldn't agree more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #136
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I understand that, but still... I remember ones saying "I'm never going to buy a football game that doesn't have proper fatigue, lacking features, etc." in terms of Madden earlier this gen (a good number of them being 2k fanboys) and now they are all over backbreaker and call it "super sim" even though it doesn't have fatigue, injuries, hot routes, etc.

I'm pretty sure that if Madden put in euphoria but took out fatigue, injuries, etc., it would get a lot of bad feedback from the same ones looking forward to backbreaker. Heck, chances are if backbreaker didn't even exist and what I said in my previous sentence was true, ones would call euphoria a "gimmick" (lol).

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-01-2010 at 12:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »