Home

Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

This is a discussion on Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #153
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Impressions (PS3 and 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The save file appears to be your season stat file, not the Roster file. If there is a roster file there, they are hiding it, or it's being saved somewhere else.

Would be awesome if someone could find it, edit it, and give us real teams, if only for offline play. I'd pay $$$ for it.
i haven't started a season...i've only edited rosters and played two pre-season games. i'm wondering if this is my roster saves... and if so, they might be able to be shared. just poking around today i've already edited 5 teams. keypad is a HUGE help...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #154
MVP

OVR: 55

Well... I went undefeated in my first day of Tecmo lol. I guess all those hours of playing TSB as a kid didn't completely go to waste! Who would've thunk that all those little tricks I learned 10 years ago now prove useful?

I ran into only 1 NG glitcher. I ran 1 under center pass to make sure it's possible. It definitely is. I still beat him, but I had to call my single shotgun pass, my playaction pass, or run plays. He did exactly what I expected: called run plays and ran NG dives. Fortunately he had no skill on offense and didn't stand a chance. Still, a good player could use the NG dive real well unfortunately. It'd render some playbooks completely useless.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #155
Rookie

noles_fan21's Arena

OVR: 2

tecmo bowl is king in 2d... 3d sucks the gameplay is much smother in 2d i used the lions and b sanders is a beast!!! watch out for the quiters we need 2 set up the ladder quick
BRAVES
UNC
XBOX ONE
NCAA 14/2k/live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #156
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Cowboys numbers are accurate. Though the players the NES version have listed, don't match up with the 1993 rosters I pulled up from online. For example, Cowboys had 3 QBs, and Jason Garrett was one of them (if it's the 93-94 season), but there's only 2 spots for a QB.
TSB only ever had 2 QBs on each team's roster.

Speaking of graphics after toggling between the two I can't play this in 2D. I can't believe we had to get by with graphics that bad.

For those complaining about floating passes try playing with Miami or Denver there should be a noticeable difference. Marino had an 81 passing speed and Elway a 75.

Last edited by speedkills; 04-28-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #157
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
don't use the DLine then..

why would you in the first place?
Yeah, I don't plan to. I just wanted to see how often it would work and then quit doing it. I forgot the J/K about it ruining the game because I love it. I don't really plan on playing online except maybe against friends or ladder games. I was playing the original Tecmo Bowl on my Wii last week and am now shell shocked for the change. I started strong and am getting my butt beat by the CPU now. I guess I played more NES TSB and will have to adjust.

So far the game is a blast. Maybe I am getting old but the rosters/team colors don't bother me a bit. I know who most of the players are from back then so its good enough for me. I'm just going to enjoy some Tecmo Bowl for Tecmo Bowl! I think this is the first time I ever was a little excited for the release of a XBLA game.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #158
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

first game online: won 39-0 with Buffalo (forgot about them...I LOVE Nate Odomes on defense)

outgained the guy 246-20 (11 1st downs to 0)

Just like old time....IT'S BACK BABY!!!

Go Badgers!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #159
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Maybe I missed it, but I thought there was going to be an online tournament mode. I don't see it anywhere.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #160
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Sounds good. I'll create it tomorrow. Let me keep playing games here and get a good feel for the game so I can come up with a good set of rules. Basically, what I'm thinking right now is the only rule being you can't control a defensive lineman. Also, I'm thinking quits will cost negative points to deter it from happening (don't think it'll be a problem here though).

Anyway, I'll have something preliminary set up tomorrow.
Sounds good CreatineKasey. Count me in. I'm loving this game. It was worth the wait. If Tecmo plays it's cards right and adds online leagues and more customizable options in the next iteration the skys the limit for this franchise!!!

Last edited by rm217; 04-29-2010 at 01:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »