Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #113
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Minimized in what you quoted means they don't show up as much as it did previously. They've greatly reduced it.

It doesn't mean minimal improvements.
By any interpretation, I think he, and everyone else as well, was hoping that it was eliminated. Not minimized. I think that is what his frustration is.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #114
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
the game flow sounds good but if its only for the user thats disappointing. we should have been able to customize the cpu playbook as well.

madden is catering for the head to head crowd
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #115
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
By any interpretation, I think he, and everyone else as well, was hoping that it was eliminated. Not minimized. I think that is what his frustration is.
Ok, hard to determine on a message board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #116
Banned

OVR: 12

minimized does not mean does not "neccessarily" mean that its be greatly reduced. the way I read is "hey, you already know the current engine for OL/DL interaction causes suction blocking. working within the constraints of that engine, it "appears" that EA has reduced the effect of suction blocking as much as possible"

i'm anxious to see if the adjustments are merely cosmetic. I think Ian has admitted in the past that suction blocking cannot be eliminated while still using the current engine.(please correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 04-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #117
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

^^ We all have our own interpretations, don't we?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 12

you're right. at the end of the day, we should all expect to see some suction blocking next year.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 55

EASports has continued to listen to my wants almost directly, I swear. I can't complain one bit with the direction of this game. I still remember playing the garbage years (06-09) and know how far it came in 1 year. New locomotion and blocking fixes? G f'n G!

I'm pumped already!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 22
I have a question about the removal of the sprint button. Does it still work for QB's behind the LoS? Because you can't just be sprinting at full speed with the QB after the snap, that would create all kinds of problems as faras the passing game goes.

I know this is a bit off topic but, I think they should also change the configuration of the QB avoidance stick. It is my experience that hardly anyone uses it, mainly 'cause they have to take their finger off the left stick or the face buttons which slows down reaction time. My advice would be to put it on the Left stick, and in order to activate the avoidance system you would have to click L3 (PS3), and just move in the direction you want to move to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »