Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #1009
Banned

OVR: 21
Question Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Been with KC for awhile, but have not really had the opportunity to sign anyone major just yet. Its not that easy when you are dealing with a big league ball club because other people make the final decisions. Good thing is that I have gotten to see everyone from the West Coast since 05' and scout them while watching us pass on them. I have been to many prospects houses for visits and signability and I have been involved with the signings of Mike Montgomery, Moustakas, John Lamb (mine) and a few others of note. I liked Stanton better than both Mous and Vitters, but the organization didnt feel the way that I did.
i was curious as to the thought that goes into some of the ratings. I'm sure that you had the say on a lot of the prospects, and just for example, b/c i've seen a few odd ratings, brad lincoln. his best rating other than stamina is k/9. also his bb/9 is very low. this seems odd given that BB/9 is clearly his best rating almost by double of his other ratings IRL. his stats also back it up too. I was just wondering if there is some reasoning for ratings like this, for example BB/9 progress better, or there is a "hot tip" that he is going to be a K guy at the majors or something. like i said i've seen a few of these oddities and it might not have even been you who rated him.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #1010
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Yeah i have to agree Ksig, Stanton has unlimited power potential. Kc has some nice players, of course losing a pitcher like Duffy hurts and Eric Hosmer has not started well but overall Kc has a nice system. My issue with KC is fundamentals, which isnt scouting of course but hopefully with Mike Arbuckle that helped create the core in Philly, KC will have better luck developing.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #1011
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal093
i was curious as to the thought that goes into some of the ratings. I'm sure that you had the say on a lot of the prospects, and just for example, b/c i've seen a few odd ratings, brad lincoln. his best rating other than stamina is k/9. also his bb/9 is very low. this seems odd given that BB/9 is clearly his best rating almost by double of his other ratings IRL. his stats also back it up too. I was just wondering if there is some reasoning for ratings like this, for example BB/9 progress better, or there is a "hot tip" that he is going to be a K guy at the majors or something. like i said i've seen a few of these oddities and it might not have even been you who rated him.
This came down to pretty much one thing.
With everything I had going on.....Ridin' took on all the work in creating/editing.....and in all fairness to him...it was way too much in the time frame we tried to set for a quick opening day release. It's just too early and it forced him to rush through a lot in the hopes we could get the adjustments in.
This is exactly what I'm doing now for v2.
First I'm checking through each team to make sure that any player on the 40 man or that's been called up so far is in the set.
I'm then putting the levels together as best as possibly can as far as balance.
I'll then do all the re-rates for every player......
Work on the faces for each player that hasn't been done yet....and finally..
....the lineups and rotations will be set for each level.

Ksig...I've already added the adjustments in your first PM....feel free to send me another if you've got the time.

Thanks.

M.K.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #1012
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This came down to pretty much one thing.
With everything I had going on.....Ridin' took on all the work in creating/editing.....and in all fairness to him...it was way too much in the time frame we tried to set for a quick opening day release. It's just too early and it forced him to rush through a lot in the hopes we could get the adjustments in.
This is exactly what I'm doing now for v2.
First I'm checking through each team to make sure that any player on the 40 man or that's been called up so far is in the set.
I'm then putting the levels together as best as possibly can as far as balance.
I'll then do all the re-rates for every player......
Work on the faces for each player that hasn't been done yet....and finally..
....the lineups and rotations will be set for each level.

Ksig...I've already added the adjustments in your first PM....feel free to send me another if you've got the time.

Thanks.

M.K.
MK -
you've been getting my updates, right? Ill keep sending them but if you have already added the ones I sent you, Ill "unhighlight" everything so its easier to read in future updates
Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 AM   #1013
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
MK -
you've been getting my updates, right? Ill keep sending them but if you have already added the ones I sent you, Ill "unhighlight" everything so its easier to read in future updates
Yes...I haven't put them in yet though.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #1014
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey knight first off I have been using your rosters since 09, Love them I cant believe the detail and all the minor league players! you should be making the updates for the offical updates! Thanks for making the game a ton more enjoyable

One thing I was wondering if you could add SP Chase Wright (milwaukee brewers AAA Nashville Sounds NO.5 Starter) heres a little of his stats and his bio page thanks bro!

Chase Wright
Born 02-08-1983
Birthplace: Wichita Falls, TX
Height 6'2
Weight 205
Bats : L
Throws : L
Nashville Sounds Number 5 in starting Rotation

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=451657

I know you had him in the game last year and everything about him was spot on!!

MILWAUKEE BUCKS 46-36 (Good Season)
Dallas Cowboys 11-5 (Go Dez Bryant)
Milwaukee Brewers 15-18

Current Games Interests
Final Fantasy XIII (360)
COD: Modern Warfare 2 (360)
MLB The Show 2010
Assassins Creed 2 (360)
Old 04-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #1015
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

First, the obligatory "Thank You for everything you do"...without you, playing this game wouldn't be nearly as fun for me. Can't wait for the newest update!

With that being said, just curious about one thing....

In the first release, which I know was somewhat incomplete, were you editing minor leaguers faces, etc? The reason I ask is because I thought you were, but when I noticed a few on the roster set (like Texeira for the Mariners, Russell for the Cubs), the created player looked nothing like they do in real life. Russell was dark black (when he is white, or very light skinned) with other issues and Texeira was like a black guy with blue eyes (when in fact he is light-skinned with dark eyes)...in fact I have noticed that quite a bit. A lot of the created players are black or dark-skinned with light colored eyes. I don't really need an explanation, but I was really just curious if these are being addressed for the next release and if they were just oversights...

P.S. Hope all is well and improving with your family situation! Best wishes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #1016
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
First, the obligatory "Thank You for everything you do"...without you, playing this game wouldn't be nearly as fun for me. Can't wait for the newest update!

With that being said, just curious about one thing....

In the first release, which I know was somewhat incomplete, were you editing minor leaguers faces, etc? The reason I ask is because I thought you were, but when I noticed a few on the roster set (like Texeira for the Mariners, Russell for the Cubs), the created player looked nothing like they do in real life. Russell was dark black (when he is white, or very light skinned) with other issues and Texeira was like a black guy with blue eyes (when in fact he is light-skinned with dark eyes)...in fact I have noticed that quite a bit. A lot of the created players are black or dark-skinned with light colored eyes. I don't really need an explanation, but I was really just curious if these are being addressed for the next release and if they were just oversights...

P.S. Hope all is well and improving with your family situation! Best wishes!
I have pictures of every MLB, AAA, AA and some A ballplayers which I got thru MlB.com (players). In the case of Texeira (Mariners), he's somewhat dark skinned (although not tipically afro-american (he's from Hawaii). He has black hair and black eyebrows - but no goatee - I'd say his Skin is 3. In the case of James Russell (Cubs), you're right. He's white with dark hair and long sideburns - Skin is 1. Hope this helps.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »