Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
Will fatigue actually matter this year? We need progressive fatigue in the game. For example if I'm pounding the rock with a big back like Brandon Jacobs, I want to see the opposing defensive line warn down by the 4th quarter.
Slider adjustments for fatigue helped out with Madden 10. On long drives, I would see backup defensive lines come in.

Same thing for WR's as well if I was having a long drive. I would see backup RB's as WR's towards the end of a long drive.

That was my experience, at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #66
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for the impressons, everything sounds really positive and hopeful. Since there is no play call screen, what goes on on the field during what used to be the play call time? Like is there a huddle? Does the camera cut away to the sideline, anything like that?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 3
This game looks like crap. I cant believe people still fall for the same crap every year. All the animations still look the same,ugly and robotic.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #68
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creed200569
This game looks like crap. I cant believe people still fall for the same crap every year. All the animations still look the same,ugly and robotic.
I'm waiting till August to see if they are tuned better before I make proclamations like that.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #69
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
How is it in line with the mantra? I really don't see any difference over what we had last year, except now the movement isn't mapped to the motion.
It's quicker and simpler than kicking in previous next-gen Maddens because it's button-based, while at the same time it's deeper because it will allow subtle differences in kicker ability to be easily represented by changing the size of the meter's "sweet spots".

Imo this is a simple and elegant design solution, and one that is far superior to APF's unnecessarily difficult to master kicking mechanics.

Last edited by coogrfan; 04-26-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The gameflow thing really just doesn't do much for me. I don't fit the average madden gamer that only runs 3-4 plays tho. When I played I tried to never use the same play more than 3-4 times a game at most. I also really don't like having the cpu select my plays even if it's choosing from my selection because I still wouldn't trust it to be the play I wanted to run.

It's not a bad feature I guess, it just does nothing to address any of the issues I have with the game either.
+1. No disrespect, but I'm surprised at the number of sim-oriented players here who like the idea of plays being called for them, even if it is from a pre-defined list established in advance, or tendecies, i.e., the "gameplan".

Unless I'm misunderstanding it. Doesn't gameflow by it's definition = plays being called for you regardless?

Trying to see through the smoke and mirrors, it almost seems like a glorified "favorites" list. I can see how that might be helpful in cutting down on time navigating to the desired play, but making the decision for you?

Most every article mentions the genesis of the idea stemming from the fact that they want to appeal to the casual gamer--no surprise there, that's the de-facto mission statement for Madden now. So it's easy to see how Gameflow stemmed from that.

Then it's said that it will also appeal to the experienced player because of the "Gameplan" aspect, i.e., the establishment of your pre-selected plays. Then, the cpu selects from your selected plays based on where you set those plays in the down and distance scenario. But it's still calling plays for you.

Are the sim-oriented players who like this idea favoring it because it relieves them of the in-game playcalling itself and would rather focus on the execution of the play?

Not knocking anyone, just trying to understand it myself.

I'll give it an honest go, but if it's what I think it might be, I'll most likely turn it off altogether. Props to EA for making it optional though.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #71
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
Will fatigue actually matter this year? We need progressive fatigue in the game. For example if I'm pounding the rock with a big back like Brandon Jacobs, I want to see the opposing defensive line warn down by the 4th quarter.
Did you play M10 last year my friend? Or at least offline? Fatigue worked fine and was customizeable (sp). Plus, it was progressive in that heavily used players would not recoup their full energy later in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
The formation subs in NCAA allowed subs on all formations including special teams. That was in the first NCAA blog, I think

Thanks for that, did not catch that and that would be a huge plus in my book!

Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »