Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #49
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I still can't understand how games are going to take 30 minutes. I use Ask Madden on O and D about 90% of the time. I'm using 15 minute quarters with 20 second runoff and games are taking an hour or slightly less.

Game Flow sounds like a great addition, but I'm not sure how it would cut the time to play games down to 30 minutes.
Yeah, I'm just not seeing how GF is going to drastically reduce play time in half. Like you, I use Ask Madden on both sides of the ball and my games take around 50-60 minutes to play.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 04-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #50
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Kicking meter is a lot like a Tiger Woods putting meter. It's a horizontal bar that you click a button on when it hits the desired power. It's very basic and I was not able to see how it differentiated with different kickers. Quite honestly I am not that big of a fan, even though Ian explained that it was the best way to differentiate kickers.
100% disagree with Ian on this, and disappointed that Ian actually believes this to be true. Play APF2K8 and you'll see that they do an excellent job differentiating kickers without the need for a kick meter.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 55
Even if I don't use GameFlow all the time in ranked matches, I'll definitely use that to speed up games after people quit on me.

I like the removal of the sprint button. It worked, but the sensitive locomotion should bring out more possibilities and probably be more intuitive. I'm also excited about the kicking changes. Hopefully kickers have proper distance limits and there's an actual opportunity to fail. If there's one thing that I'll voice clear displeasure about in M10, it's the kicking. Nothing in M10 takes me more out of reality than nailing 3 FG's beyond 60 yards in one game.

I'll be excited to see some footage of this game. Things that weren't mentioned much which I still want:

- Route running improvements
- Real examples of situations where warps used to happen and them not happening now.
- A true pocket = need those DE's rushing around the edges while still being engaged like APF.
- Pass trajectory = show me some nice deep balls.

Those things are still all possible for this year. So far I like what I've read. Honestly, if locomotion and OL were the only gameplay improvements... call me tickled pink. Those are massive changes to a game that really struggled in those areas. Smart move by EA.

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 04-26-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #52
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
100% disagree with Ian on this, and disappointed that Ian actually believes this to be true. Play APF2K8 and you'll see that they do an excellent job differentiating kickers without the need for a kick meter.
i think we have to wait to see it in motion,before we determine whether its good or bad
Old 04-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
This is where the locomotion engine comes into play. Players will ramp up to top speed based on acceleration ratings and if they get into the open field. Trust me, the game feels awesome when you get past the second layer of defense and your player hits full stride. Simulation guys are going to love this once they get their hands on it.
My problem with this, and it is a huge problem - is that the further into this gen we get the more control EA has taken away from the user see;

cut moves, directional stiff-arm, pressure sensitive responsiveness of buttons (catch/spin move), pre-snap defensive adjustments, custom packages, complete formation subs (you can't determine who is playing on special teams like KO coverage), and now it appears that when your player accelerates to full speed (not how quickly he get there which should be ratings based) but when he decides to turn it on will be determined for you - this so stupid I wanna type a bunch very nasty vulgarities in rapid succession!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #54
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
I feel that this is a good write. It is nice to know that the option for turning sprint back on is there. I love sprinting. But overall the write up was good.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #55
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

as far as the substitutions go if its in ncaa i would assume its in madden too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #56
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
I'd like someone close to ian to ask what is being done about the rosters limitations in the game. Will there be a practice squad, pup list and spots freed for players on IR. Something has to be done, because they miss players every year, and without the ability to accurately create your teams complete roster, all we can do is complain.

Is anything going to be done with online play, stoping the glitchers and cheesers from not taking a deserved loss.

I'd really like to see an interview in which Ian is asked what problems from madden 10 had been addressed, a top ten if you will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »