Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
What if we like our games to last over an hour? I want my game to be as close to authentic as it can be, and playing a full NFL game in 30 minutes goes in the opposite direction.
If you choose to use traditional playcalling instead of Gameflow the pace of the game should be the same as before.

Last edited by coogrfan; 04-26-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #34
Rookie

davjaffe's Arena

OVR: 6
So far, things sound good. Keeping in mind that it's an early build, I can't help but notice that the previews seem a lot more enthusiastic about NCAA thus far . . . and being a Madden-only gamer, I'm hoping that will change as we get closer to release. Also, I'm still hoping for some graphical improvements - the player models in NCAA look to be significantly improved, and I would be pretty disappointed if Madden's don't follow suit.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #35
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
just sounds like Madden hasnt been improved on last year as much as NCAA. Maybe that has to do with Madden being ahead of NCAA feature wise with things but there really isn't much i'm hearing from Madden that interests me or really makes me feel like i need to get this game. Even though i usually cave in and get Madden only to have it sit and collect dust, i think this year i prob can avoid buying it because it doesnt sound like anything special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13
Great article. Very encouraging. Two of the things I have been most critical about are the locomotion and line play deficiencies. It is great to see that an emphasis has been spent on both. I am now genuinely excited to see what Madden 11 looks like!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #37
Rookie

davjaffe's Arena

OVR: 6
Also, this review's endorsement of improved line-play seemed half-hearted. That's kind of concerning.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #38
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
I don't believe the choppy animations are over at all. Even in the warm up vids you can still see the lack of fluid animations. That's a rendering problem, not an animation problem.

Love the quote on Gameflow... has to be an instant classic... 'because of the depth that it's simplicity provides'. I'm hungry for some jumbo shrimp.

Gameflow makes you feel like a real head coach? How? You're not doing anything in the game. Maybe it makes you feel like a QB, but a head coach? I don't see it.

The videos haven't shown a real pocket developing, and most of the guys continue to drop back 10 yards on plays. You'll even see Guards rush forward 2 to 3 yards to make a block on PASSING plays instead of protecting the pocket.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #39
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Cant say I'll ever fiddle around with GameFlow that much for myself

Did anyone see if we can set team/coach tendencies for the CPU..with it??/

Last year we heard a lot about how they had programed teams to play like themselves but of course.....there was very little evidence of that.

Im hoping the "psychic" play calling from the cpu is eliminated.......so sick and tired of coming out in 4 wr Draw, and them lined up in 4-3 stacked in the middle

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
I did read it, roadman. That's why I said:

Honestly, I like the Gameflow option where you can set your plays before a game for certain offensive situations.

That would be the option for the experienced players on how they would use Gameflow. Most casuals/new players would use the version of Gameflow that picks the play for them.
Sorry, I quoted the wrong person by mistake.

I wanted to quote Valdarez instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »