Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #321
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

the clutch moments are superbly idiotic. I'm a pitcher. I've been in the big leagues for half a season facing teams that are fighting us for a division crown. Almost always clsoe games. I've had two clutch moments, BOTH AS A HITTER.

And both times, the clutch moment called for me to get an extra base hit. C'mon! so now I'm less clutch as a pitcher becuase I don't get extra base hits on cue as a hitter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #322
Banned

OVR: 4

I bought both my consoles, ps3 and 360 about 2 years ago. I also picked up the show 08 and mlb2k8. I was one of the guys who argued for 2k8 and how well it played after it was patched for framerate. Last year I did not bother with 2k9 because it was a bloody mess.

This year I did not bother with 2k10 initially either having picked up the show, which is excellent and started my met franchise. About 10 games in my ps3 did the yellow light of death and I found out it is not repairable. I am going to pick up a slim but figured until that time I could not go without a good baseball game so took a chance on 2k10.

I freakin love this game. It has issues, sure and the graphics and animations don't compare to the show BUT...

the play by play is probably the best ever in any sports game and the game is just plain fun. To my surprise I can work the count and also issue walks. Its a damn good game and I will be playing this even when I get my slim.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #323
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

They definitely need to bump up batting averages in the next patch and lower pitcher ERAs if I remember right, cuz I just had 6 guys hit over .300 for the season, when in real life, there's usually between 30 and 50 guys hitting .300. Last year (in real life), there was 42 guys that hit .300 or better and were full time starters. In this game, Shane Victorino hit .305 and had the 5th highest average in the MLB. Also gotta bump down simmed stolen bases, and bump up holds.

Not sure about the stolen bases, because most guys get about the right amount of steals but get caught way too much, but then there's guys like Ryan Howard gettin 20 SBs a year.

Also, they gotta make it so SBs don't count so much for MVP award because as is, a guy that hits .300 with 40 HRs and 100 RBIs 5 SB will lose the MVP award to someone that hits .250 with 15 HRs 60 RBIs and 60 SBs.

And lastly, when is a baseball game going to realize that in the post-season, teams no longer use a 5 man rotation? I remember back in like World Series Baseball 2k3, you could have a 3 or 4 man rotation (i think it might have been a glitch, but at least it worked). I'm about to play game 5 of the NLDS tomorrow and I'm going to be pitching my #1 guy to try to get the win, but I know the AI opponent is going to be using their 5th starter. This is such a big part of postseason baseball, I just can't believe baseball video games havent been able to reflect this.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 04-13-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:14 AM   #324
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
play it with my roster and it's better than the show
I'm going to have to try them out. I'll let you know how good they are.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #325
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Looking forward to giving these a try. So you did it for both systems?? If so that's great for us gamers. Peace!!!!!
PS# coming soon. We're holding off until the next official 2k roster to redo it over real quick. Howver if it doesn't come out by weds then...we're releasing what we have and going on from there. we're trying to give 2k a chance in giving us at least all 'their' player caps like heyward etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #326
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

hey tomba....where can i get your rosters? from your site or 2kshare? thanks...
Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #327
Pro

humaca80's Arena

OVR: 13

For PS3 MLB2k users, have they still neglected the PS3? No patch, no roster updates nop nothing? This is how it always has been with 2k, just wondering if its any different this year. Thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #328
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
For PS3 MLB2k users, have they still neglected the PS3? No patch, no roster updates nop nothing? This is how it always has been with 2k, just wondering if its any different this year. Thanks
I know this has been beat into the ground, but if you're a PS3 owner, why go through all this torment and instead purchase The Show? 2K and VC have shown over the last couple years that they don't support the PS3 like they should. Although I very much enjoy 2K10 (and look forward to the patch), I think if I owned a PS3 I would just get The Show and not deal with the lack of developer support.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »