Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #41
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

is it me or is the cpu AI more dynamic than past fifa games?

What I mean is, in the past, the defensive mids are very constrained b y their formation and will very very very rarely push up to support an attack. This makes 95 percent of the goal scored by the forwards and AMs. Not how it is in real life.

But in this demo, de rossi already has scored on me and pirlo had a point blank chance.

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but hopefully this ain't an anomaly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Can't say I saw the slowdowns on my PS3 demo.
Then you're not looking...LOL!

In all seriousness, the slowdowns during cut-scenes and other presentation type things have been in FIFA for years, even going back to the PS2. Intros, cutaways to managers, panning across the starting lineups - just to name a few - suffer greatly from extremely poor frame rates. What's sad is that one of their highlighted 'features' - people wearing crazy hats in the crowd - suffers too.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
I pre-ordered this game, the WC/EURO games are always better than the regular Fifa games. I wish this dev team would work on the yearly game.
If anyone wants $20 off any EA game simply sign up for the EA forums/website - they give you a code for $20 for your birthday, simply make an account and put your Bday as tomorrow.
The core dev team is the same for both the yearly installments and the Euro/WC games. That's been noted in several interviews/previews for this game.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #44
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Played three games on the highest difficulty... The computer controlled team didn't back pass once... Not once... Even when the situation called for it (hey, there's three defenders in front of me, let me see if I can beat them with the dribble instead of passing it back to a teammate... ).

So I guess FIFA is still struggling with that whole... Soccer strategy thing...
Old 04-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Been playing soccer and video game soccer a very long time now and I am loving this demo. Definitely a day one pick up for me. Even the online modes look interesting. Gameplay wise, it may not be "real" soccer, but I think it's as close to the real thing that I've ever played. PES has taken a step in the wrong direction as of late and this is the king in my opinion. I don't see the frame rate issues on the ps3 that other posters are seeing. Maybe a bit when people are dancing in the stands but definitely none on replays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #46
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm going to go the optimist route and hope that the 2 minute halves are messing with the AI a little.

Still a ton of fun, though.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #47
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

I mentioned about the dynamic AI in this demo...well fabio grosso a left back scored a tap in goal after a beautiful cross by de rossi after he dribbled past a defender just outside the box on the right flank.

This is great....the defensive midfielder created the opportunity by dribbling and a cross, and a LEFT BACK scored.

good improvement from years past where most of the attack is set up by forwards and AMs and scored by them too.

This is on World Class , Slow speed by the way.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #48
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlin
...Gameplay wise, it may not be "real" soccer, but I think it's as close to the real thing that I've ever played...

Realistic animations and controls maybe... But that's about it.

FIFA's route one football is garbage. It's just back and forth, back and forth...

It's almost as boring as the route negative one in PES 2010 (all the back passing by the computer ).

I wish PES or FIFA would get it right one of these days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »