Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #457
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
The potentials, ages etc of all the prospects you did WERE not changed...except for ONE..Jarrod Parker, you gave him a B and I switched him to an A because Arizona had a ton of A pitcher prospects....so....
Yep.
Jay...the file you wanted us to use...had all the A's and B's already set up by you....so unless you sent us the wrong base set....

Problem is...there is VERY little wiggle room. I steal a C from somewhere else....those guys are unhappy....steal one from somewhere else...those guys are unhappy....vicious cycle.
When you start your franchise...there are some new editable guys added to the FA list.....you guys could use those.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #458
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yep.
Jay...the file you wanted us to use...had all the A's and B's already set up by you....so unless you sent us the wrong base set....

Problem is...there is VERY little wiggle room. I steal a C from somewhere else....those guys are unhappy....steal one from somewhere else...those guys are unhappy....vicious cycle.
When you start your franchise...there are some new editable guys added to the FA list.....you guys could use those.

M.K.
Knight165
That's what I did with the Brewers. You can't please everyone with the moves you made, but in the long run you pretty much were spot on as usual.

I found a couple I either didn't agree with or would like to personally see pan out over what they may or may not do in real life like Salome a D, Arnett a B, Odorizzi a A and Lawrie a B and a few guys I wanted to see on the roster like Cutter Dykstra and Josh Prince and so on I took a couple guys off the free agent list and made my changes. All I did was copy what these guys had put down and made the switch. What I did with guys they didn't have was go into their last 09 set and copy what they had there for Dykstra and such. I know most of you wouldn't be able to do that, but if it's just a couple minor changes chances are they know about them and it's no time to fix them yourself over waiting.

Only thing that kind of bites in the long run is Grant from the A's is on the file, but Westmoreland is not. At least Westmoreland would want to play if he could right now. To me it's sort of a tribute/token of appreciation to use him.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
The Game AI messes up the lineups after spring training. You'll have to go in and manually adjust all the lineups for your team if you want them the way you like them. Once you do that though, they should stick.

Are they still having this problem? Don't they have this problem every year and every year they make a patch for it. Why can't they just fix it when it comes out?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #460
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have a question here: They say 30 team roster control prevents the cpu from making unrealistic trades but wouldnt the only way they could trade is if you manually made the trades? Or does the CPU still do it? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #461
Banned

OVR: 38

I missed two more wrong player #s from my original numbers edits so Add , Moore C Seattle #10 and Pennington A's SS #2 .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #462
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yep.

M.K.
Knight165
If you need an A pot pitcher. Steal Kanekoa Texeira from the Mariners, he can be a B/C.

I know positional players w/good potential are scarce but for the M's...

Catcher
Steve Baron- needs to be at least a C potential.
Travis Howell- should be changed to Trevor Coleman. Both are single-A guys but Coleman has far more going for him. Howell's a 25 year old stuck in single A.

1st Base
Rich Poythress- Not sure how he didn't make it into the game. He's a better prospect than Carp (yes i know he's scea).
Dustin Ackley- Needs to be moved here from 1st base. I'm sure it was just an oversight on your guys end.

2nd Base
Gambriel Noriega-
He's a switch hitter. I'd like to see him at C potential but I understand.

3B

Matt Mangini- Replaced with Pedro Okuda.

SS
Carlos Triunfel
- Move him to 3B with SS as a secondary pos.

LF
Brad Nelson- He played mostly 1B in the spring. LF is a backup pos. I know you guys want accurate minors but you might consider dumping him in favor of editing in a prospect.
Guillermo Pimentel- Needs to be added. Just google him. Was seen as a top 5 IFA this past year.

CF
Carlos Peguero-
OK prospect but I'd like to see him swapped with Johermyn Chavez. Who's a RF.
James McOwen- Outside of his hitstreak the guy is nothing noteable. Replace with George Drullard

RF
Julio Morban-
Should be a CF projects as a LF. From what I've read he's a high upside guy, fast, and could be a leadoff hitter one day in the majors. I'd do some research on him b/c he looks like a good prospect.

Corey Patterson- Was released at the end of spring training. This opens up a spot. Use him to get Pimentel into the game. Needs to be a B/C potential guy.

I can critique pitchers over the weekend but I don't have the time right now. Hope you take my advice to heart... Keep up the good work guys!!!

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #463
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hi, I'm new. How do I put this into my game?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #464
Rookie

OVR: 0
totally just read the thing at the top, my bad
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »