Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #305
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

I really wish we could get some ETA on the next patch. It's frustrating not knowing whether I should start my franchise or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #306
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I really hope you don't have to re-start a franchise. I'm 20 games in and it would suck to have to start over.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #307
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I really hope you don't have to re-start a franchise. I'm 20 games in and it would suck to have to start over.
We didn't have to for the first patch, so I'm going to guess we won't have to for the second. It'd be a real head scratcher if we did, since they already made one apply to on going franchises.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #308
Banned

OVR: 0

I never start a real franchise until after the season starts anyway. I'd like to give 2K a chance to get the rosters set. And they've been doing a pretty good job so far.

I will start franchises and play through some games, or sim seasons to see how the stats come up. But not only do I want to wait for rosters, but I'd like to have a game that fixes things like the lack of injuries and errors. Playing a franchise right now is kind of pointless.

But I will also say that franchise has become less and less important to me over the years. When i see people complain about the lack of good AI, I wonder what games they were playing before. I've never seen a CPU make competent pitching moves, build rosters, or conduct drafts. When I want that, I play against real people.

I think the time I spent with text sims makes me pretty jaded about what an action game is really going to provide. Even text sims have a really hard time with this stuff. There is no way a console game is going to get it close to right.

That said, if they can get errors and injuries, as well as toning down the rocket arms, I'm going to be happy.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 04-05-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #309
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
I never start a real franchise until after the season starts anyway. I'd like to give 2K a chance to get the rosters set. And they've been doing a pretty good job so far.

I will start franchises and play through some games, or sim seasons to see how the stats come up. But not only do I want to wait for rosters, but I'd like to have a game that fixes things like the lack of injuries and errors. Playing a franchise right now is kind of pointless.

But I will also say that franchise has become less and less important to me over the years. When i see people complain about the lack of good AI, I wonder what games they were playing before. I've never seen a CPU make competent pitching moves, build rosters, or conduct drafts. When I want that, I play against real people.

I think the time I spent with text sims makes me pretty jaded about what an action game is really going to provide. Even test sims have a really hard time with this stuff. there is no way console game is going to get it close to right.

That said, if they can get errors and injuries, as well as toning down the rocket arms, I'm going to be happy.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #310
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has there been any update as to when the 2nd patch is coming out? I would like to start my frnachise ASAP....
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #311
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

They are still working on the 2nd patch so it's release is weeks away from us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #312
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
I think the time I spent with text sims makes me pretty jaded about what an action game is really going to provide. Even text sims have a really hard time with this stuff. There is no way a console game is going to get it close to right.
Agreed. I'm afraid that, in order to get it right, it's going to have to be one or the other. For example, I'd love to get the franchise features from NFL Head Coach - which is about as close to a text sim as you're going to get on a console - into Madden, but it simply won't happen. The best we can hope for is something that isn't broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »