Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #73
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

Got a little agitated today, Im using man to man but they still leave the players open far too often. Tried going back to PRO , adjusting sliders, still happening (and its a patched version, the refs do bounce balls ) I mostly use tight pressure.

Made a vid as well - watch Webster having all the time in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EXNl-KLHPs

Also another thing that started to annoy me a little. The automatic double team when you just want to run around a player. Didnt find a way to cancel the animation so the man I was guarding gets obviously open mostly for some nice 3

As I said before this stuff doesnt seem to be happening on my xbox version for some reason and I even play the same team with same settings.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

The controls still feel extremely sluggish to me. Part is probably due to me being absolutely awful at anything isomotion (don't know any moves, iso nor in the post) but... is it even possible to use pure scorers, for example, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford and create some separation of the dribble for an open J?

I can't hit a jumpshot to save my life post-patch and the computer just destroys me from everywhere. If the refs didn't bounce the ball on freethrows I'd swear I'd be playing NBA 2k10 v0.9 instead of v1.1. It only seems to have gotten worse

Also... is a double-team an automatic turnover now? Stoudemire had 3 TO's on 3 doubleteams with Nash/Richardson standing at most 5 feet away (completely open).
Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #75
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Loving this patch, playing against the Pacers and finally I see Troy Murphy attempting 3s! Pre-patch he didn't even try to shoot a 3! Player Tendencies are alot more noticeable now with the patch.

Before the patch, the tendency values just seem to be numbers w/o meaning but now players play according to their tendencies alot more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke777
The controls still feel extremely sluggish to me. Part is probably due to me being absolutely awful at anything isomotion (don't know any moves, iso nor in the post) but... is it even possible to use pure scorers, for example, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford and create some separation of the dribble for an open J?

I can't hit a jumpshot to save my life post-patch and the computer just destroys me from everywhere. If the refs didn't bounce the ball on freethrows I'd swear I'd be playing NBA 2k10 v0.9 instead of v1.1. It only seems to have gotten worse

Also... is a double-team an automatic turnover now? Stoudemire had 3 TO's on 3 doubleteams with Nash/Richardson standing at most 5 feet away (completely open).
you have to exploit matchups.

against stronger defenders- I run Joe Johnson off of Picks for alot of mid range jumpers.
against smaller defenders, I post him and use alot of Iso, cause he can break those guys down fairly easy.

Jamal Crawford, I found is very streaky. but the way to get him going is to have him run the point sometimes, then slide him over to teh sg or sf position.

the CPu controlled team is unforgiving, you just have to make adjustments. its about matchups, and playing fundamental defense.

the patch has improved this game. I have no complaints
Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke777

Oh yea you can easily use pure scores to break people down and get that seperation for the open J.

Watch little nate here get the seperation for the easy look. he misses but show you how you can make the defense look silly
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1277195

Couple tips on Isomotion
I am not sure how you have your buttons set up. But mine are like this. Clutch is LB and turbo is RB.

- When you square up with someone. Use clutch to throw a couple jab steps, maybe even a pump fake or two.

- Then when you get them moving off balance, a quick tap of clutch or turbo with out moving in a direction will start a dribble move.

- From that position you can do other things such as hold both clutch and turbo and spin stick for a behind the back dribble, spin move, half spin then go, etc all while hold either one or both of the clutch turbo buttons.

Using the moves at hand and watching the defender closely you can tell when you get them shook.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #78
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Is anyone else finding the games to be tougher to win now. But I like it, it makes the game more challenging.

After 15 games with the Raptors in my Association, i'm last in the Eastern Conference :P, before the patch I was probably top 6 at least.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Is anyone else finding the games to be tougher to win now. But I like it, it makes the game more challenging.

After 15 games with the Raptors in my Association, i'm last in the Eastern Conference :P, before the patch I was probably top 6 at least.
If steam ever gets off their lazy *** I would be able to answer you. But since it looks like us steam DD guys are stuck waiting. I might never know lol

Last time I am buying a product off of steam.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #80
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
If steam ever gets off their lazy *** I would be able to answer you. But since it looks like us steam DD guys are stuck waiting. I might never know lol

Last time I am buying a product off of steam.
There is a work around that I've used that works like a charm. Check the 2ksports site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »