Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #273
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
Did this fix all the franchise issues?
If your talking about the 2nd patch, then no. The second patch did not fix all the franchise issues. There needs to be a 3rd patch. Just my opinion.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay...had my thread closed understandably. New to this forum, but not other forums, but I guess I forgot the protocol. So, that "overlooked needs for 3rd patch" can be deleted if you want. I will post what I said here and hopefully it can be commented on.

"There definitely needs to be a 3rd patch.

Three things that need to addressed that not too many of you are mentioning at all is:

*TOO MANY TRADES!!!! Okay. Its good that players cannot be traded more than once in a season anymore, but that is not enough. There are way too many trades and I know something can be done to decrease the amount of trades (at least a little), especially the waiver trades.

*In franchise, the lineups for the CPU controlled teams are a little out of wack. It seems that almost every team has a power hitter batting 2nd in the order and a light hitter batting 5th or 6th. Example: Though he did not hit many HRs last year, the CPU has David Wright batting 2nd and Luis Castillo batting 5th or 6th, depending on lefty vs righty. For the most part, the 2nd and 5th or 6th hitters need to be flip flopped. Is this a bug?

*Also ignored: Way too many injuries. Don't care to create my own injuries, as I am not trying to play my franchise at the same speed as real life (example: I usually try to play 2 or 3 games in one day to speed up season)

Of course there are other issues, but they have already been over-mentioned many times that the points should have been already made.

Please comment."

joker
Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #275
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Joker, here's my suggestions for workarounds.

Issue 1: Too many trades- You can turn/trades off or on at your will. So, what I'm doing is waiting for one or two trades to happen in April or May. Then, I going to turn trades off til June 1st. I'm only 6 games in to my franchise so, I haven't experienced this yet however, if at any point if I feel the trades are to excessive then I will turn them back off for a while and maybe use some sort of system like a week on a week off.

Issue 2: Lineups: You can select a 30 team franchise and only control one team. However, with this setting you are able to adjust the lineups for other teams and those lineups should stick. From what I've been told, the CPU will adjust on their own for tired players, injury's, etc. I used CBSSportsline.com's projected lineups and fixed all teams and haven't seen any issues thus far.

Issue 3: Way too many injury's: I believe turning the injury slider down to 1 will help with that problem. Other's who have ran test franchise's may want to chime in on this as well but, from what I've seen it helps.

You may want to check out the workaround thread (if you haven't already) theres some really good info in there. Good luck and remember it's just a game so, try to have fun!!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #276
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
Okay...had my thread closed understandably. New to this forum, but not other forums, but I guess I forgot the protocol. So, that "overlooked needs for 3rd patch" can be deleted if you want. I will post what I said here and hopefully it can be commented on.

"There definitely needs to be a 3rd patch.

Three things that need to addressed that not too many of you are mentioning at all is:

*TOO MANY TRADES!!!! Okay. Its good that players cannot be traded more than once in a season anymore, but that is not enough. There are way too many trades and I know something can be done to decrease the amount of trades (at least a little), especially the waiver trades.

*In franchise, the lineups for the CPU controlled teams are a little out of wack. It seems that almost every team has a power hitter batting 2nd in the order and a light hitter batting 5th or 6th. Example: Though he did not hit many HRs last year, the CPU has David Wright batting 2nd and Luis Castillo batting 5th or 6th, depending on lefty vs righty. For the most part, the 2nd and 5th or 6th hitters need to be flip flopped. Is this a bug?

*Also ignored: Way too many injuries. Don't care to create my own injuries, as I am not trying to play my franchise at the same speed as real life (example: I usually try to play 2 or 3 games in one day to speed up season)

Of course there are other issues, but they have already been over-mentioned many times that the points should have been already made.

Please comment."

joker
I agree with you 100 percent. There needs to be a 3rd patch and hopefully it will be out around opening day. I'm gonna have to turn off trades for awhile myself but there is still to much wrong with franchise and other stuff for the dev's to just ignore. I love this game don't get me wrong but i want a finished product.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #277
Rookie

Jeremy...thx a bunch for your response. Really helpful information.

I did read a lot through the workarounds, and am very familiar with doing these kinda things. I did it with the Show 09, and was hoping to not do too much of this for this year's version. However, looks like we still have to do at least some.

I like your idea on the trades. It looks like I will incorporate that for sure.

Regarding lineups, I figured I would have to do what your saying while I wrote my first post, but I did not have to do that in last year's version and was hoping that would remain the same. I can never understand how something that works well one year cannot work well the following year. I really think it is a bug, and hope one of upper powers can comment on it.

Regarding injuries, I actually decided to do what you suggested with the trades. I will turn the injuries off and on every other week or two weeks, but I will try a test run with the injury slider down to 1 to see how that works for me. Interestingly though, I though I saw someone mention that that may cause there to be no injuries during a franchise season game, and that would not be cool.

Thanks again
Old 03-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #278
Rookie

When turning two up the middle my IF flips a floater to second. it rarely costs me the second out, just a weird animation since the 2nd patch. Is anybody else having the same issue?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #279
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by blscots6
When turning two up the middle my IF flips a floater to second. it rarely costs me the second out, just a weird animation since the 2nd patch. Is anybody else having the same issue?
it was there pre-patch as well and in last year's game. I've seen it, haven't had it hurt me in any way, but I have seen it.

Question...do you play with the throwing meter on? I do and I have feeling that is what is triggering this "slo-mo" animation.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #280
Banned

OVR: 15

I've seen that sloooww under hand toss to 2nd using standard throwing. They need to implement a kind of sidearm toss or even speed up the underhand toss would be fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »