Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #265
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
No kidding.....My brother tells me the patch will be done downloading in 3 weeks.....probably will take 4-5 hrs....
Patch took literally less than 3 mins for me....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #266
Rookie

Matt Bug's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anyone else noticed that the Pickoff success rate is unusually high? I'm able to pickoff CPU runners at least once per game and likewise the CPU picks off my runners, as well. Even elite SB players with superb BRAbility are getting nailed. In reality pickoffs are much more rare. Since I like to play NL games where baserunning is more crucial, this is posing a problem.

I've also noticed that the Stolen Base success rate is much higher for the CPU vs. User. Even when I keep CPU runners close and execute timely, strong throws to 2nd, they are still able to steal without aggressive leads and against Catchers with good arms. Manny Ramirez even stole 2B off of Yadier Molina. That's not very realistic. In the real MLB world, Catchers with good arms, like Y-Molina or Mauer have a Caught Stealing rate ranging roughly from 35% to as high as 50%. I am not even coming close to those percentages.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #267
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Patch took literally less than 3 mins for me....

Yeah. I had my PS3 hooked up with a wired connection and took 3 or 4 minutes tops. Both patches.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #268
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bug
Has anyone else noticed that the Pickoff success rate is unusually high? I'm able to pickoff CPU runners at least once per game and likewise the CPU picks off my runners, as well. Even elite SB players with superb BRAbility are getting nailed. In reality pickoffs are much more rare. Since I like to play NL games where baserunning is more crucial, this is posing a problem.

I've also noticed that the Stolen Base success rate is much higher for the CPU vs. User. Even when I keep CPU runners close and execute timely, strong throws to 2nd, they are still able to steal without aggressive leads and against Catchers with good arms. Manny Ramirez even stole 2B off of Yadier Molina. That's not very realistic. In the real MLB world, Catchers with good arms, like Y-Molina or Mauer have a Caught Stealing rate ranging roughly from 35% to as high as 50%. I am not even coming close to those percentages.
Slider tweaks help alot....But i have never experienced guys stealing who DONT usually steal.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #269
Rookie

Matt Bug's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Had another super annoying issue pop up:

Had runners on 1st and 2nd rallying in the 8th inning on the road. A flyball to very shallow left center field; shallow enough the SS was going to catch it but not deep enough to be an infield fly rule type of play.

I just happen to notice that the runner on 1st was half way to 2nd and I quickly told him to head back to first about .5 or a second before the out was made. The SS gunned it to 1B for a double play that ended the rally.
Sounds like "Assist" mode with your runner on 1B going "halfway" on a pop-up by CPU default.

I have noticed a lag time in Runner Commands. Specifically using R1 and R2. I agree, it's problematic. Especially in tight games. The Player's runner reaction time is too slow. Similar to what we were experiencing with check-swings and bunt attempts last year. I think 10 has improved check-swing reaction tremendously. Hopefully, they will improve runner reaction next.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #270
Rookie

Matt Bug's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Slider tweaks help alot....But i have never experienced guys stealing who DONT usually steal.
Yeah, I suppose I could adjust the Slider. But I would prefer the game to be more realistic by default. Plus - and this could completely be my imagination - but it seems every time I adjust Sliders, the CPU takes revenge in some other area. My "luck" always seems to be better when the Sliders are unmolested.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #271
Rookie

OVR: 0
I signed up just to comment I updated the patch and there still are errors for dropped 3rd strikes. There better be a 3rd patch before the regular season starts and also another roster update. I hope the people at sony actually read the comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #272
Rookie

OVR: 7

Did this fix all the franchise issues?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »