Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #257
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

had an absolute blast of a game with the Mets. Carpenter vs Santana..classic pitcher's duel. Both getting timely strikeouts, double plays, and outs in general. I pitched out of jam in the 2nd..Santana pitched out of one in the 1st.

Lost the game because my bullpen is TERRIBLE, but man..what a game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #258
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Had another super annoying issue pop up:

Had runners on 1st and 2nd rallying in the 8th inning on the road. A flyball to very shallow left center field; shallow enough the SS was going to catch it but not deep enough to be an infield fly rule type of play.

I just happen to notice that the runner on 1st was half way to 2nd and I quickly told him to head back to first about .5 or a second before the out was made. The SS gunned it to 1B for a double play that ended the rally.

THAT, is ridiculous. I can't think of a single time playing '09 that I thought the gameplay f'ed me over to the point where a glitch cost me a chance for a win and now it's happened twice in 3 games.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #259
MVP

OVR: 15

after this second patch its seems as the the framerate is better on broadcast cam. Anyone else noticing this??
Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 AM   #260
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Simmed a couple home games. The average attendance in the budget area is fixed, so you'll no longer receive money after every franchise game like you sold it out even when you didn't. This is good, and bad, because I'm 200M behind most teams in my franchise that I am 30 games into, so I'll just be further behind now.
Nevermind, I was wrong about this. If you start a new dynasty, the attendance is fixed. If you continue one that you started pre-patch, you'll still be monetarily compensated for a full stadium after every home game even if you don't sell out. Makes me wonder if the waiver logic and such applies to a continued one if this didn't.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #261
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
after this second patch its seems as the the framerate is better on broadcast cam. Anyone else noticing this??
I've noticed less stuttering, yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #262
Rookie

OVR: 1
I know this might sound lame, but can somebody explain to me the difference between......real time presentation, and broadcast? I figure the broadcast is just like every sports game out there? and i'm not really sure about the real-time....thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #263
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
had an absolute blast of a game with the Mets. Carpenter vs Santana..classic pitcher's duel. Both getting timely strikeouts, double plays, and outs in general. I pitched out of jam in the 2nd..Santana pitched out of one in the 1st.

Lost the game because my bullpen is TERRIBLE, but man..what a game.

Kelvim Escobar is an absolute circus.

Im ten games into Franchise and he has a WHIP of nearly 3.

He's also blown up in 2 online league games in a row, and has a WHIP of 4.

My most recent game of my franchise, I had another Oliver Perez high-wire act.

for 4 innings, I was getting the "Good Ollie." sawing off people with the inside heater, and snapping the slider...then the 5th rolls around: leadoff walk, single, double, walk, base hit...to the tune of a 28 pitch, 5 run inning. 0-2 with an ERA of 7.50.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 03-22-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #264
Rookie

Matt Bug's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy
Are you sure your TV is calibrated correctly?
The pitches are darker then last year but still easy to see what each pitch is, as far as the colors being muted yes they are but they're still visible without detracting from the action on the screen.

I don't know if they'll increase the color levels but if not make sure that you have your set adjusted so you can get the best results right now.
Yes, my TV is fine. No color adjustment needed. Large flat panel with HDMI connection and all other colors are superb. If I adjusted to accommodate the flaw, the rest of the game would look horrible. I'm certain it's a software issue, because colors in other portions of the Pitcher/Batter Status Window are bright and beautiful.

Maybe I'll import it into Photoshop, bring the colors forward to the front layer where they belong, then load it back onto the PS3. Sounds easy enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »