Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #249
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Loving the game, but some things I'm seeing which are strange:

1) Less than 2 outs, hit and run and the batter grounds it to my 3B. I preload a throw to 2B just out of habit...but then quickly (before the ball gets to the 3B) remember the hit and run and just settle to throw to first. The problem is though, the animation of the player getting ready to fire to third had to suddenly switch to a new animation of a throw to 1st and now a ROUTINE play on a guy with average speed leads to everyone being safe. It looked really gross.

2) My CF cutoffs a ball in the LCF gap and I want to gun it to 2B to prevent the runner from trying to take an extra base. The ball simply heads towards the first baseman but ends up someplace in between 1st and 2B to which my 1B had to run over and catch it in midair. Overthrow you probably thinking? I think not as after looking at the replay both my SS and 2B (who should have covered the bag) went out to take the cutoff throw about 12 feet beyond the bag. Now, granted, I have Johnny Peralta playing 2B which isn't his natural position but do we really think the game is THAT in depth? There isn't an awareness rating that I am aware of.

3) This might have been scored right so I'm not sure this was a glitch, but a ground ball in front of the plate and my P runs up, grabs it and tosses it into right field. The play is ruled an error and the runner ends up on third. Eventually, the runner scores and the run counts as an earned run for my pitcher?!?! The only thing I can figure, if it's not a glitch, was that because the P himself committed the error it stands against his ERA?

4) Some line drives to my OF's are still just flying by them instead of being caught. Granted, it's only happened once but it sucks bad when it happens!

5) The ridiculous groundballs going through infielders gloves is so lame. I don't mind the hits because it balances out over the course of a game to be pretty realistic but it's just that there are so many of the "o-lay" plays from the infielders it seems. I just wish these were more realistic looking hits.

6) Every single HR has the batter holding his helmet as he rounds a base. I want to punch myself in the face every time.

With all of this said, it's still a great game it just sucks that this stuff has suddenly turned up in a game that was very close to perfect as far as gameplay before this year. I still consider 2010 better than 2009.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #250
Rookie

rupe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
SoS works properly for the most part now. However, any track after 244 won't play in-game and something else gets played instead. I've already posted about it in B&G.

Yeah very frustrating. I spent all day messing with this feature and bam. Nothing on all the songs I grouped in 3s and added today. Totally wasted my time if this is not fixed. How this was supposedly fixed and missed again is mind boggling.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Loving the game, but some things I'm seeing which are strange:

1) Less than 2 outs, hit and run and the batter grounds it to my 3B. I preload a throw to 2B just out of habit...but then quickly (before the ball gets to the 3B) remember the hit and run and just settle to throw to first. The problem is though, the animation of the player getting ready to fire to third had to suddenly switch to a new animation of a throw to 1st and now a ROUTINE play on a guy with average speed leads to everyone being safe. It looked really gross.

2) My CF cutoffs a ball in the LCF gap and I want to gun it to 2B to prevent the runner from trying to take an extra base. The ball simply heads towards the first baseman but ends up someplace in between 1st and 2B to which my 1B had to run over and catch it in midair. Overthrow you probably thinking? I think not as after looking at the replay both my SS and 2B (who should have covered the bag) went out to take the cutoff throw about 12 feet beyond the bag. Now, granted, I have Johnny Peralta playing 2B which isn't his natural position but do we really think the game is THAT in depth? There isn't an awareness rating that I am aware of.

3) This might have been scored right so I'm not sure this was a glitch, but a ground ball in front of the plate and my P runs up, grabs it and tosses it into right field. The play is ruled an error and the runner ends up on third. Eventually, the runner scores and the run counts as an earned run for my pitcher?!?! The only thing I can figure, if it's not a glitch, was that because the P himself committed the error it stands against his ERA?

4) Some line drives to my OF's are still just flying by them instead of being caught. Granted, it's only happened once but it sucks bad when it happens!

5) The ridiculous groundballs going through infielders gloves is so lame. I don't mind the hits because it balances out over the course of a game to be pretty realistic but it's just that there are so many of the "o-lay" plays from the infielders it seems. I just wish these were more realistic looking hits.

6) Every single HR has the batter holding his helmet as he rounds a base. I want to punch myself in the face every time.

With all of this said, it's still a great game it just sucks that this stuff has suddenly turned up in a game that was very close to perfect as far as gameplay before this year. I still consider 2010 better than 2009.
Have you d/l the last roster update? I noticed some of these issues have gone away pretty much since then. Your #6, I have seen only once since then. It got old quick on every HR before, so that was very welcome. I rarely have balls go through my fielders either. Maybe twice in many games. I use Auto Field with manual throw though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #252
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

SDwinger, I am using a roster from the vault, osubeav1.2 or something like that.

Can anyone add to the fact that new rosters are fixing certain gameplay issue?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #253
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
(6) Every single HR has the batter holding his helmet as he rounds a base. I want to punch myself in the face every time.
This is a product of Real Time Presentation. Switch to broadcast to eliminate this.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had the "ball 4 in the dirt/error on catcher" play happen again as well.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #255
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
No, you were right in the first place. It doesn't matter if the pitcher commited the errror, it should still be an unearnred run. The only way it could be an earned run is if the ruling was that it was an infield hit, that is, the runner probably would have been safe on 1st, and advanced on the error but would have come around to score eventually anyway. But my gut tells me that what you're describing should have been a routine play to first and thus, it is a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #256
Rookie

OVR: 3

1st & 3rd

Runner from 1st breads for second on the pitch, catcher throws to 2nd, runner from 3rd breaks for home, 2B/SS throws home, catcher doesn't apply tag and both runners are safe. About 1/10 times the catcher tags out the runner at home.

It would be nice if there is a patch 3, to have the catcher throw to 3rd randomly in this situation. Just a few times would keep the user honest.

Overall great game, but some of these fielding issues will allow 2K to pass The Show up if they are not addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »