Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #41
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I don't know. After I installed the patch, they were there in white. Now I haven't hooked up the game to the servers at all for the living rosters, maybe that has something to do with it?
Ya that could be it. I have the patch and I downloaded the latest Official Roster as well. Should probably update urs.

I don't know about everyone else but it seems that I'm the only one who is not experiencing "low PIP" after the patch. Although the gameplay has improved with stars being more dominating + alot more fouls now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #42
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Ya that could be it. I have the patch and I downloaded the latest Official Roster as well. Should probably update urs.

I don't know about everyone else but it seems that I'm the only one who is not experiencing "low PIP" after the patch. Although the gameplay has improved with stars being more dominating + alot more fouls now.
I'm still getting my points in the paint, but it's a lot harder now. I'm having to post and kick out and repost. I just like that you can't just swing into the paint with a simple pump fake. Even on fast breaks the CPU D is getting back and intercepting a lot of my passes that would have been highlight dunks before. I had a sweet play against ORL last night I should've saved. I got where I was 1 on 1 with Dwight Howard at the end of the game with Danny Green. I did a litle breakdown move and then a spin and DH fell right on his but as he tried to backpeddle. It was funny. I shouldn't have been able to do it with DGreen, but it was nice to see a big man getting shaken totally out of his boots. I still need to play with my sliders, but I'm loving it overall. It is far more organic in nature, post-patch.

I need to get some screenies of the courts. I always thought that PES2010 had set the bar on graphics for a PC Sports game, but now I'm gonna have to crown a new king. I'm really enjoying my offline experience, I'm gonna have to see what online brings next week.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 03-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Hair is messed up for Created players. I can't explain it, but there is like a translucent booger thing covering their head rather than hair.

I've only done the My Player, so I'm not sure about rookies year by year or association. But that's what I'm seeing so far.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #44
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Damn! I give this game 10/10 after the patch.

Pre-patch i would say 7.5 but now it's awesome. Definitely the best NBA game out there, no longer i feel cheated when I lose. I was even happy when I lose to the Spurs just now since Duncan and Manu were doing their thing, bankers and slashing respectively. If they only added a bit more contact I would be totally satisfied, but nevertheless, i feel it's the best basketball video game right now in terms of simulation.

Last edited by tcnumba10; 03-20-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 6

Anyone able to do the 360 dunks after patch? I'm just trying shootaround in My Player with J. Rich who has two 360 dunks and I can't do them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #46
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

i dont have the patch yet since im on Steam but i have a question...did the patch fix the sound issues? like the ball and sneaker sounds not being audible....i have to use the alchemy trick to make the sound work..
Old 03-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

No, the patch doesnt fix anything related on sound. No sound on bouncing the ball and the crowd reacts still the same way as pre patch, very ugly.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i dont have the patch yet since im on Steam but i have a question...did the patch fix the sound issues? like the ball and sneaker sounds not being audible....i have to use the alchemy trick to make the sound work..
I checked after I read your question and
I did hear squeaky sneakers and the ball bouncing, but its kind of low.
but I think thats how the game has always been. I guess it depends on your sound card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »