Home

Does MLB 10: The Show Belong in the Text-Sim Hall of Fame?

This is a discussion on Does MLB 10: The Show Belong in the Text-Sim Hall of Fame? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #25
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Does MLB 10: The Show Belong in the Text-Sim Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
would imagaine he meant graphics/gameplay of the show , mixed with ootpb sim, progression, and stat tracking
right - that's why i said he probably meant that it would make the best baseball GAME, not SIMULATOR

regardless, asking if the game should be in the text sim hall of fame is ridiculous. especially after reading the article - he was 'pleasantly surprised' with the simming accuracy. hall of famers don't pleasantly surprise you - they wow you - they amaze you. the title of this article should have been "How does MLB The Show measure up as a text sim?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #26
Banned

Popeyes's Arena

OVR: 3

Didnt read the article (and that would probably help) but I think what they're trying to say is that if you took out the actual playing of the games (hitting, pitching, fielding...) would it stack up next to the best text-based game? The answer is clearly no. OOTP is handsdown the best baseball game on the market and it is EXPONENTIALLY better with management/front office related thing than MLB 10 is or likely ever will be. I say this and I absolutely love The Show but its really no match for OOTP - regular people would never want that level of depth (sad but true).
Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 17
NEEEERDS
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #28
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
Friday - How does the Show stack up against other first person shooters?
Regardless, this is VERY funny...

Old 03-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9
with the patch fixing my major issue of computer trading my players even on manual, i have one minor issue and it's brought up here. trades. even though they get good value, certain players shouldn't be traded for prospects. Pujols, Jeter, Mauer, all were traded every time i skipped a year. all for 3 A prospects, but you still would never see that. it's really a minor gripe for as great of a game as this is, but it is weird.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Was surprised to see no mention of the Sportscast manager in this article, as it is basically the Show's answer to a text sim's in-game experience. And quite a good one, I might add - you have control of things like stolen bases, hit and runs, pitching changes, pinch hitters, etc.

I too think the comparison is apples and oranges, though.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #31
MVP

adice15's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently

I think the Show has better maps then MW2 and Bad Company 2. Fenway Park is awesome. I love noob toobing (the hot dog machine they use to launch hot dogs into the stands) off the Green Monster. Oh and don't even get me started on all those guys who camp in the bullpen at Great American Ballpark.

I do wish the Show had a wide variety of weapons though. A 100 mph fastball, hot dogs, peanuts, baseball bat, and a beachball just doesn't cut it for a FPS.
although that would actually be kinda fun to play mw2 in baseball stadiums.

Founder of OS Emu Clan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7
It's not a text sim. And it depends on who you are, on whether it appeals to you or not. But it's not a text sim, so the premise is flawed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »