Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #201
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by levalution
lol i have been meaning to start a franchise in that game...whats broken?
Sim score are out of whack. Biggs like Howard and such will avg 9 to 12 pts per game. Team sim scores might be as low as 36 points in a game and as high as 190 ponts in a game by a team. Also 3pts attempts are way to high by individuals but that can be edited so its not huge. One of the Devs said they know its a issue, actually his exact words was dynasty mode was fubared and they are fixing it for 11,honesty is a plus i guess but i just get tired of hearing wait till next year. Need to know anything else just pm me. Other's probably dont want this space wasted for another game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #202
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
just simulated the franchise post patch number 2...players that went on wavers in year 1:

Adrian Gonzalez
Cliff Lee
Prince Fielder
Adam Dunn
Paul Konerko

cant remember, but there were at least 5 other notable players put on wavers...is there a reason for this? is this a roster thing? does this happen in the majors?

WTF?

It's not unusual for teams to place their entire roster on waivers.

Manny Ramirez was once placed on waivers, but no one claimed him because they didnt want to be on the hook for his contract.

The way baseball waivers work is that a team places a player on waivers: someone with a bloated contract that they are hoping someone will claim, or to dump some damaged goods, a player they know they will lose to free aganecy..whatever.

Its not all that much different then a regular trade, except teams have to make "claims" on a player, and teams can block each other.

A team makes a claim on a player, and the other team can then pull the player off of waivers, or trade the player to the team making the claim.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #203
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

after I downloaded the patch
I played another exhibition game...probably my 8th or so....
and the one thing I saw, that I hadn't seen previously, was the "E-2" on a dropped 3rd strike.

The catcher still threw out the runner, but was charged with the error nevertheless
Old 03-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #204
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
just simulated the franchise post patch number 2...players that went on wavers in year 1:

Adrian Gonzalez
Cliff Lee
Prince Fielder
Adam Dunn
Paul Konerko

cant remember, but there were at least 5 other notable players put on wavers...is there a reason for this? is this a roster thing? does this happen in the majors?

WTF?
Stuff like this happens in real life. However, when teams put claims on these players they are normally pulled back by the team that the player is currently playing for. One of the reasons why this happens is that teams are trying to gauge the market for certain players. Because when a team withdraws the player from waivers the two teams can try and work out a trade. Normally most teams do this after the non-waiver trade deadline at the end of July.

I know Paul Konerko has been placed on waivers a couple of time.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #205
Banned

OVR: 9

So the Issue of catcher throwing ball over first basemen after a dropped 3rd strike is still there.

I was playing online I was dodgers he was Red Sox, Kershaw drops nasty curve on him, and Martin picks it up and chucks it about 12 feet over Loney it bounces around took some bad bounces and he jus about scored on it.

Led to a run, which was considered earned, if they gonna have it atleast have that as an error
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #206
Banned

OVR: 1

Perhaps this was already posted, but for Franchise Mode, how come my game options don't stay after I've A) made them in the main Franchise menu and B) made them in my in-game options menu?

It's really frustrating that I have to change this every time I play a game.

Am I missing something?
Old 03-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #207
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc K
Perhaps this was already posted, but for Franchise Mode, how come my game options don't stay after I've A) made them in the main Franchise menu and B) made them in my in-game options menu?

It's really frustrating that I have to change this every time I play a game.

Am I missing something?
I haven't seen this issue yet but I set all my options on the global menu and the profile menu. Idk if that made any difference or not but all my options stayed the same when I reloaded my season.

Also I play season mode not franchise. But idk if that has anything to do with it either.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #208
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
I haven't seen this issue yet but I set all my options on the global menu and the profile menu. Idk if that made any difference or not but all my options stayed the same when I reloaded my season.

Also I play season mode not franchise. But idk if that has anything to do with it either.
I'll see if it makes a difference to make the settings in the profile menu, but I don't think I had to do this for 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »