Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerelmer
It seems as if presentation went down a notch after this patch. Used to be when I was batting and not pressing any buttons, the batter would ease into position and his stance, now the batter will just "cut" to being in his stance, used to be a smooth transition, not anymore.
Yea - I was scratching my head on that one too. I'm not sure why they got rid of those animations. When I first noticed it I had to check to ensure that "hurry up" mode wasn't enabled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Why are people saying no errors? I had three errors in my first game after the patch. All counted as errors in the box score too. Pre-patch I was also seeing errors. It is in the game but not something you see all the time. We are playing a pro game and not as the Bad News Bears.
there are no throwing errors because no matter how off-balance fielders are, no matter where their momentum is going, throws are 100% on the money every time

a fielder could be running backwards, leaping into the air, throw across his body and the throw is perfect every time

no accuracy dynamic

they dumbed the system all the way down
Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #243
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
Yea - I was scratching my head on that one too. I'm not sure why they got rid of those animations. When I first noticed it I had to check to ensure that "hurry up" mode wasn't enabled.
Something I've noticed. If you turn on both the Pitching and Batting analysis windows you will see longer animations similar to what we had pre-patch while those popup windows are on the screen. So the animations are in there, but someone decided to speed up the game and cut them off.

I would like to see an additional real-time presentation option offered that lets us determine how much of the walkup, pitching, batting rituals we want to see. Or just play them all out and let us press "A" to skip them instead of doing it automatically for us.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine
Something I've noticed. If you turn on both the Pitching and Batting analysis windows you will see longer animations similar to what we had pre-patch while those popup windows are on the screen. So the animations are in there, but someone decided to speed up the game and cut them off.

I would like to see an additional real-time presentation option offered that lets us determine how much of the walkup, pitching, batting rituals we want to see. Or just play them all out and let us press "A" to skip them instead of doing it automatically for us.
yea this really upsets me.. part of the allure of 2k baseball is their great sig animations/mannerisms

to cut them off makes no sense at all.. ppl are missing out on the best part of their game
Old 03-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #245
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
This is not true. You have to learn how to steal and take the right jumps.

I can steal bases and I can throw out base runners stealing against me.

Is it hard? Yes, definitely. However, I'm not convinced it's broken. I studied how the CPU takes jumps and been doing the same with some success. Convinced I need to do better and can do better.

Agree.. NOT broken at all IMO

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #246
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Agree.. NOT broken at all IMO
I agree with this too.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #247
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by En Fuego
there are no throwing errors because no matter how off-balance fielders are, no matter where their momentum is going, throws are 100% on the money every time

a fielder could be running backwards, leaping into the air, throw across his body and the throw is perfect every time

no accuracy dynamic

they dumbed the system all the way down
I agree there are far too many spectaular catches and throws but there are still some throwing errors. I have not seen an infielder bobble a ball but I have seen bad throws. Nothing that has missed and gone completely by, but stuff that has gone for errors. In the last two games I have seen :

- third basemen throw high to first base on a bunt
- the first baseman fielded a ball and threw left of base to pitcher covering bag
- outfield to cuttoff was too hard and cuttoff lost footing wasting time trying to get throw home
- throw from second to first was so hard that first basement was pushed foul off the bag

I have also seen a couple outfielders drop a catch and a wild pitch to the backstop.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I agree there are far too many spectaular catches and throws but there are still some throwing errors. I have not seen an infielder bobble a ball but I have seen bad throws. Nothing that has missed and gone completely by, but stuff that has gone for errors. In the last two games I have seen :

- third basemen throw high to first base on a bunt
- the first baseman fielded a ball and threw left of base to pitcher covering bag
- outfield to cuttoff was too hard and cuttoff lost footing wasting time trying to get throw home
- throw from second to first was so hard that first basement was pushed foul off the bag

I have also seen a couple outfielders drop a catch and a wild pitch to the backstop.

I'm also now seeing errors post-patch... most are throwing errors on double plays- stuff like that, but I've also seen dropped balls, etc.. CPU and my own errors. However, I am also seeing errors when a pitcher gets shotgunned and can't make the play to first! I don't think they score that as an error in a real game, they just give the batter a hit. Anyone know for sure?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »