Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #233
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
I got in a couple games last night and got stuck on some cut scenes that froze the game up twice. The first time I rebooted, the second time I subbed in a new pitcher and that "unstuck" it, but I also lost Lester who was throwing a gem and put in a cold Papelbon who faced Arod. Guess what happened? POW!

I actually can steal a bit now, and have also thrown out stealers. Do we have any control on slide type though?

One more question. If I decide to trudge forth with this season, when the next patch comes out, will it take effect on my current franchise, or will I need to start over again? I know that roster updates lock in, but what about all the other changes?

thanks!
i'd liek to know this as well.

i am a ps3 2ker and figured id can get a jump on things by playing spring games and by tghe time the patch drops ill be ready to play games that count.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 AM   #234
Banned

OVR: 28

So happy Online is finally fixed. I am 17-11 now online. No issues getting games. Only 1 network error since the patch. Yahooo.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:46 AM   #235
Pro

OVR: 8

I played the demo and hate the tight camera. Any word if they might patch in a pulled back camera angle like they did last year? I won't be getting this until it's in the bargain bin anyway. but I'll never understand why they think we don't want to watch our homers fly into the stands. The current camera takes away from the excitement and feels a bit claustrophobic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 04:21 AM   #236
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
League average error total for team: 96

I've seen two errors (catcher) and one OF error. NO IF errors. People continue to try and talk themselves into the idea that the lack of fielding errors is okay. It isn't. Not if you want a real baseball game.
So true in this game, about 99% are throwing errors. I have played alot of games, and i have not got an infield or outfield error yet.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #237
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshadow11
I played the demo and hate the tight camera. Any word if they might patch in a pulled back camera angle like they did last year? I won't be getting this until it's in the bargain bin anyway. but I'll never understand why they think we don't want to watch our homers fly into the stands. The current camera takes away from the excitement and feels a bit claustrophobic.
This is probably one of my biggest beefs with the game. It's really bad when playing at Fenway because you can't even see the Green Monster and the balls coming off it. The fielding in the game needs the most work of anything. From no errors to automated fielding to no camera options.

I really don't like HRs being a dead give away with the arrow at the wall. I hit a ball off the top of the wall with Cabrera and I knew it wasn't a HR because there was no error. I always turned HR celebration off in the Show because I liked the suspense. I wish they would add a similar option here.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #238
Rookie

homerelmer's Arena

OVR: 3

It seems as if presentation went down a notch after this patch. Used to be when I was batting and not pressing any buttons, the batter would ease into position and his stance, now the batter will just "cut" to being in his stance, used to be a smooth transition, not anymore.

Also, quite a few times last night my game froze up and the camera view would just keep changing showing an empty field with guys in the dugouts just turning in circles.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #239
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This is probably one of my biggest beefs with the game. It's really bad when playing at Fenway because you can't even see the Green Monster and the balls coming off it. The fielding in the game needs the most work of anything. From no errors to automated fielding to no camera options.

I really don't like HRs being a dead give away with the arrow at the wall. I hit a ball off the top of the wall with Cabrera and I knew it wasn't a HR because there was no error. I always turned HR celebration off in the Show because I liked the suspense. I wish they would add a similar option here.
Yeah the "tight" camera following balls in play is a beef of mine too. Especially in Fenway park, I know exactly what you mean.

I dont care about HR's being dead giveaways so much, since usually they are in real life anyways... And when they are not dead giveaways you see the option to wall clib etc etc...

But the tight camera does bug me.

Like if you're going to hit one off the Green Monster in Fenway for a doube I wish the camera panned back a little. Or on pop-ups too for that matter. I'm always just walking under the circle it tells me too, and not ever actually seeing the pop-up rise and then dip.

Like last year you could set the action cam to 'dynamic' or 'classic' etc etc.

I wish something like that was back this year, the action camera this year focuses on the player too much and not the ball itself.

(Not that any of this talk has anything to do with post patch impressions.)
Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #240
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
...niche market of console gamers.
I wouldn't exactly describe console gaming as a "niche market".

I think it's the other way around. PC Gaming has become the "niche market" and console gaming is the standard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »