Home

MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New Rosters Out!!!!

Jeter being an A potential just means he's still maintaining a high level of play....it doesn't mean he'll get any better....all the superstars who are still playing at a high level should have A potentials and rightly so

In Jeter's case he's showing zero signs of dropping off, in fact he had one of his finer years last year....that A poetntial for him is accurate

And it doesn't look like they addressed player potential in this update....Ryan Zimmerman on the Nats is still a D potential
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Alright. I'm giving up on ever using the franchise mode ...at least for now. I don't see why these minor league players couldn't have been corrected. In fact, Russell said at one point that there is a finite amount of "A" rated players allowed in the game. Otherwise it screws something up according to him. That's why they don't allow us to edit potential rating.

So I'll just play on Season mode for now. I'm not putting off starting it any longer. I've already waited a week for this fix, and who knows if they will even correct it further. The gameplay is fantastic, and the SCEA guys are incredibly in tune with out concerns; but this game has some serious technical issues that need solutions.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Sorry, stupid question, is the Roster Update automatically downloaded when I boot up the game and sign in to the PS Network or do I have to do something to get it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #36
Pro

TheRock88's Arena

OVR: 16

Looks like they still didnt fix the wrong positions issue (Jeter at CF, Granderson at SS, Thome at RF, etc.) No biggie though.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
As it stands now w/o my testing of the new rosters here are the potential problems with starting your Franchise assuming you decide to play it w/o workarounds and how it should be played by picking one team to control and build into a dynasty.

1. Computer proposes trades for your team, and if you are simming or not paying attention that trade could go through leaving you with new players and without others.

2. When August hits and players hit the trade waivers you can pick them up for free. They won't pull them back or ask for a trade, they just let them go for free. I've seen A. Gonzalez, J. Reyes on their as a couple of examples.

3. The trade logic was severely screwed up. I saw Albert Pujols traded twice in one year for prospects.

4. Tropicana Field sounds like it has a bug because you can't finish a game there it sounds like.

Other than that give it a try. Look at Franchise update threads as it will have some strategies you might be able to employ to make Franchise mode workable.

Thanks for the quick response....As you pointed out, It seems that the NEW Roster file with the adjusted Potential Ratings should address the AI's trade logic for All Star caliber players.....However, in regards to all the other things you mentioned above, would it be safe to say that they can be addressed in this next patch which I can always apply when it arrives? This way I can just start my franchise now...?

Also if I dont use this new Roster file today, and stick with the original Roster file (that also contains some of my user created players ) will the only impact be that All Star players like Jeter, Wright, Pujols, etc wont be worth much in trades because the CPU AI sees their low potential rating??........Are there other negative effects of using this roster?

And finally, Once these All Stars retire or start trickling out throughout the seasons on my Franchise, will the newer prospects be functioning fine in regards to their trade value or will this be an ongoing issue with the original roster files?

thanks again!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think Jeter could be an A. He had his best year last year. Guy trains harder and harder each year. He wants to IMPROVE! Cashman told him 2 years ago to work on his range. thats what he did. Jeter is the hardest worker. JUst because he is 35, he should start to decline? Jeter might produce the same great numbers as last year. Forget his age. When he starts to decline, we can worry about it. For now, i can see him being an A or B.
4) Anyone want to buy the the show 10 for me?
( maybe someone will want too!!!)
5) I am ready for MLB show 10!

Check out my picture!!!!! 27!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
Jeter being an A potential just means he's still maintaining a high level of play....it doesn't mean he'll get any better....all the superstars who are still playing at a high level should have A potentials and rightly so

In Jeter's case he's showing zero signs of dropping off, in fact he had one of his finer years last year....that A potential for him is accurate
IOf that's the case - what is the purpose of the potential rating then? If the player sis still doing well...the Contact/Power/Fielding ratings will all still be high. If it's intent is as you say - it would seem redundant no?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock88
Looks like they still didnt fix the wrong positions issue (Jeter at CF, Granderson at SS, Thome at RF, etc.) No biggie though.
'

A lot of these things aren't huge problems, but when you total them up it becomes that way. You shouldn't have to figure out "workarounds" to get a game mode to function with some level of realism.

Last edited by wahoo138; 03-08-2010 at 10:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »