Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #361
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1r_eric
Well, does everyone just create and franchise and simulate through the years or something? because I made a season mode and tried to PLAY a game and this has happened to me 2 times already with the first game of the season mode freezing on me towards the 7-8th inning when I hit the SELECT BUTTON. It;s so dumb and makes this game completely unplayable. if a game freezes on you in the 8th inning, it makes you not want to replay that one game all over again if youre trying to play all 162 games -_- please patch this up!
You are not playing/using Tampa Bay by any chance?

Previous posts in this thread allude to problems with the Rays and that inning. (Rays and Os it seems).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #362
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
The only prob with this that I see is once they fix the bug, teams set to manual trade will no longer offer trades as they are doing now. If it gets fixed, and every team is set to Manual, there should be no trades unless you make them. So you have to decide do we want SCEA to fix this or leave it as is so we can basically appove every trade. Does that make any sense?
We want SCEA to fix this, please, please, please fix this. The intention of the game is to not have the computer making trades for teams that you control regardless of the workarounds people are using in order to play a franchise without throwing their PS3's out the window. As wonderful as you might think it is that you now have ultimate control of whether a trade gets approved or not, that's not the sole design of the game and neither is it the way many people want to play. A "Users" team should be just that, a team controlled by a human, not half controlled by a person and half controlled by the computer.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #363
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
We want SCEA to fix this, please, please, please fix this. The intention of the game is to not have the computer making trades for teams that you control regardless of the workarounds people are using in order to play a franchise without throwing their PS3's out the window. As wonderful as you might think it is that you now have ultimate control of whether a trade gets approved or not, that's not the sole design of the game and neither is it the way many people want to play. A "Users" team should be just that, a team controlled by a human, not half controlled by a person and half controlled by the computer.
Agree and you are correct. However the workaround does give the mode some life now and make it playable should you be happy taking that control.

For some people like myself, waiting for a patch that lets speculate does not land until April, is like having 30 days without the game.... thats 30 days of potential Franchise games played, alot of time!

Now I hope the patch comes asap, but realistically SCEA are likely to work on an 'all-encompassing' patch that includes more than Franchise fixes, which will then have to pass testing before being released. All of that is fair enough in my book, and to that extent its either make the best of the mode you enjoy OR wait it out (for me its going to be taking advantage of the former).
Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #364
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

My question is with the quick fix that Knight has comeup with for Franchise play, will you still need to sim all the games before playing your game to see the ticker info?
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 03-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #365
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
The only prob with this that I see is once they fix the bug, teams set to manual trade will no longer offer trades as they are doing now. If it gets fixed, and every team is set to Manual, there should be no trades unless you make them. So you have to decide do we want SCEA to fix this or leave it as is so we can basically appove every trade. Does that make any sense?
Thats how it was supposed to work, the 30 team concept is there so that you can have your season mirror the real mlb season 100%, I.E. only make trades that are made in real life as they happen (why this is in franchise mode and not season mode makes no sense to me).

The way it is now, their '30 team control' feature they are pumping as being new and great is broken because these trades are being offered all over the place when they should not be. This should have been noticed while testing the new feature fairly quicky....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #366
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
Thats how it was supposed to work, the 30 team concept is there so that you can have your season mirror the real mlb season 100%, I.E. only make trades that are made in real life as they happen (why this is in franchise mode and not season mode makes no sense to me).

The way it is now, their '30 team control' feature they are pumping as being new and great is broken because these trades are being offered all over the place when they should not be. This should have been noticed while testing the new feature fairly quicky....
if you have control of all 30 teams and their trades set to manual...no trades will happen without your say so because the cpu will only propose trades for your team, not accept them. So, if you are controlling all 30 teams, then the worst thing that could happen is that a trade is proposed...thats it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #367
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
My question is with the quick fix that Knight has comeup with for Franchise play, will you still need to sim all the games before playing your game to see the ticker info?
I believe so...yes. I haven't tried it on that end.

I'm sure SCEA is going to patch this problem. This work around is purely a measure to get guys who simply can't wait....playing.
The fact that the CPU proposes trades even when you yourself control the trades makes it possible...otherwise I would think guys wouldn't even want this. But hey....it's a work right now.
As far as the handing over control of trades to a team you want to deal with....
If you make another profile...call it TRADES...set everything as you have it for GLOBAL...and then put trades AUTO again....this would probably work. You go into the PROFILE...and PROFILE ASSOCIATION....change the profile from NO PROFILE to TRADES(you have to name it something...I'm just calling it that for here)....like someone said...having instant trades on is the way to go here....then change the profile back to NO PROFILE when you are done.
I haven't checked....but I'm pretty sure..... keep in mind..with the instant trade on...I think the bar works as normal. With the considering trades option(when instant trades are off and you have to wait three days)...I think the bar is always full(otherwise you would know if the trade is being accepted or not)

Trade override is a great idea IMO.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #368
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton

I think we all agree this game did not go through a complete "sniff test", Q/A process, Q/C check etc...

Lets not pile on and we should allow them to attempt to patch it. If not, then you may to return the game if you dont like the workaround(s).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »