Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #353
MVP

OVR: 34
Great job of informing us guys.

Just one quick question.

Will these fixes be included in the Monday roster update?

Or are the roster update and game play fixes going to be 2 seperate items?

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 03-05-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #354
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
My guess is it will ask you if you want to accept the trade......Since in theory you are control trades for all teams you will be asked to accept.

That might be the only "downside" to this that I see.
Is it possible to set the global profile options "Trades" setting back to Auto once the franchise has already started, propose/make the trade, then set it back to manual? I would think that we would want to use the immediate trade option (instead of the setting that delays the response for a few days) so that the CPU teams don't slip anything through while they're set to auto trades. Wouldn't help any problems with the trade logic of CPU accepting weak deals but at least it wouldn't be up to us whether or not to approve our own trades all the time.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #355
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Great job of informing us guys.

Just one wuick question.

Will these fixes be included in the Monday roster update?

Or are the roster update and game play fixes going to be 2 seperate items?
When they update the roster it will be just for potential of players. That may help "alleviate" some problems, but not stop them. What I mean by that is players with a higher potential may not be placed on the waiver wire, may not be traded as frequently etc.

The "real" problems will need to be fixed with a patch, because that will involve changing code. How the cpu decides who to trade, place on waivers, pull back from human, stop auto trading etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #356
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
Is it possible to set the global profile options "Trades" setting back to Auto once the franchise has already started, propose/make the trade, then set it back to manual? I would think that we would want to use the immediate trade option (instead of the setting that delays the response for a few days) so that the CPU teams don't slip anything through while they're set to auto trades. Wouldn't help any problems with the trade logic of CPU accepting weak deals but at least it wouldn't be up to us whether or not to approve our own trades all the time.
That is true, if I was home I would give it a shot. I would only set the auto to the team I wanted to trade with because if you open it up the all the rest, even in one days time trades could happen all over. Who's to say the cpu won't (auto)trade with you while you are working a trade out with someone else?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #357
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
When they update the roster it will be just for potential of players. That may help "alleviate" some problems, but not stop them. What I mean by that is players with a higher potential may not be placed on the waiver wire, may not be traded as frequently etc.

The "real" problems will need to be fixed with a patch, because that will involve changing code. How the cpu decides who to trade, place on waivers, pull back from human, stop auto trading etc...
Gotcha. Guess I'll have to wait for the patch to drop before cranking out my franchise. No biggie..that just means more practice time, and on some online league action until then
Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #358
Pro

OVR: 10

Looks like im all set to go with a Franchise once the Monday roster set drops Nice workaround Knight, that will do me rather than wait 'x' amount of time for the potential patch.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #359
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman

I'll have to check when I get the game in front of me, but isn't there an interest meter under every trade? Trades won't be accepted unless they're past the halfway mark if I remember correctly. Maybe we can use that as a barometer for trading with computer teams and still being able to override their trades. Any problems with this idea?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #360
Rookie

OVR: 1
Well, does everyone just create and franchise and simulate through the years or something? because I made a season mode and tried to PLAY a game and this has happened to me 2 times already with the first game of the season mode freezing on me towards the 7-8th inning when I hit the SELECT BUTTON. It;s so dumb and makes this game completely unplayable. if a game freezes on you in the 8th inning, it makes you not want to replay that one game all over again if youre trying to play all 162 games -_- please patch this up!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »