Home

MLB '10: The Show Highlight Videos

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Highlight Videos within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #33
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB '10: The Show Highlight Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman2012
In that new video why is the catchers mask still on when catching that pop up?

I thought they added a new animation where the catcher throws his mask?
They do have the catcher throwing his mask in the game but it looks like that pop up was not very high and was a quick reaction type play. On high pops the catcher will flip off his mask, set and make the catch.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
Can't wait to start posting videos on my channel using this!
Me too
Old 02-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #35
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They do have the catcher throwing his mask in the game but it looks like that pop up was not very high and was a quick reaction type play. On high pops the catcher will flip off his mask, set and make the catch.
This.

If you notice, Martinez dove for that ball. Complete reaction play, hence no mask throw.

I think it's nice that the catcher doesn't automatically throw it, making plays like this impossible.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #36
Rookie

iceman2012's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
This.

If you notice, Martinez dove for that ball. Complete reaction play, hence no mask throw.

I think it's nice that the catcher doesn't automatically throw it, making plays like this impossible.
Cool sounds good
Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #37
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcub1221
question...now i know we can save the end of the game highlights but my question is, can we save just 1 or 2 of them or do we have to save them all...now lets say ive got 30 end of highlights saved to my ps3 when i go to edit them and watch them can i string all of them together...or do i have to watch them 1 after the other? would love to be able to edit the 30 i have saved into 1 big video...you know what im asking?

thanks
I assume we won't be able to do what you're describing, but that's fine with me because I'll just save them to a flash drive and edit them on my computer. I did this last year with many of my replays. I saved two views of a home run (one from pitcher's perspective and one following the ball) and then spliced them together using MPEG Streamclip. If I'm extra bored I may throw it into iMovie and add different music.

I love love love having the ability to save end-of-game replays. Can't thank the SCEA guys enough for this! The next step in the evolution of replays is something I'll be asking for in next year's game: weekly franchise compilation highlights. When saving a particular replay, there could be an option that says something like "Save to Week in Review." Provide maybe 7 slots, one for each game that week. Then when Saturday afternoon rolls around in your franchise, the game mashes those highlights together, includes news from around the league, and basically gives you a smaller version of This Week in Baseball. Maybe the game could even provide highlights from games you didn't see (final out of a no-hitter, A-Rod hitting his 600th home run, etc.). And of course, we would have the option of saving the Week in Review to our hard drive as well.

OK, enough about next year. I'm just thrilled with what we'll able to do THIS year.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #38
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Seattle @ Cleveland up.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #39
Rookie

sa012's Arena

OVR: 5

Keep them coming! These are great!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #40
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Forgot how naaaaasty those old Mariners jerseys were.

Any chance we could get game footage from one of the classic stadiums? Would love to see the Polo Grounds in action.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »