Home

MLB '10: The Show Videos, Plenty of Them (Franchise Play)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Videos, Plenty of Them (Franchise Play) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10: The Show Videos, Plenty of Them (Franchise Play)

One thing I'm really glad to see is that the throws have been re-worked. By that I mean, throws from the outfield to the infield aren't bullets when they don't need to be, such as the return throw after a base hit up the middle.

Also throws across the infield aren't bullets and they look much more natural. I especially hated it when the 2B or SS threw it too hard to 1B last year. Hard to explain but it didn't look natural or realistic.

Little things like this make the game much better IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #82
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
i mentioned this earlier in the thread but nobody seemed to respond. in the HR derby clip after Tex hits his first hr they show the other players watching. is it just me or do i see number 44 jason bay there wearing an american league uniform?
What's the big deal about that? He was on the AL All Star team last year.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #83
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
What's the big deal about that? He was on the AL All Star team last year.
no big deal about it i just thought it was odd to see him since he was on the american league roster lasty year but this year now he'll be on the national league roster. so if you play hr derby outside of franchise mode wouldnt he be in the national league uniform
NHL: Rangers
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #84
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Ok rocket arm might not be the best term. In any event, do you feel that the outfielder throwing the ball from RF wall to 3B on two hops is realistic?
The way it was handled here, yes. The ball sails high in the air to get there. It's not a hard strike thrown to the base and he probably would've been better served to hit the cutoff man instead of trying to make the throw himself. You are going to have to use the cutoff man a lot this year instead of trying to make the throws yourself.

BTW - the guy playing during these videos reminds me of the majority of people who play online. Max out every pitch strength, throw as quick as possible, and *always* try to throw the guy out at first from right field (because you did it once in a video game 5 years ago, so it's worth a try here).

Last edited by Bahnzo; 02-27-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #85
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
so if you play hr derby outside of franchise mode wouldnt he be in the national league uniform
Why would he be in NL uniform when he was on the AL team last year? When you pick the All Star teams in exhibition, they are the 2009 All Stars. Same with HR derby, they have to put last years AL and NL teams on the field. They can't see into the future and predict who will be on the 2010 All Star team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #86
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by carooster
If you read closely the graphic that popped up was called "Swing Track". I believe the circle on the graphic represented where Guzman was swinging, not where the pitch was located.
You are right, it says "Swing Track", but the pitch location is what's being represented. Like someone else said, it was also wrong for knuckleballs last year, so it seems it's possible its now broken for other pitch types. It's the only time I've seen it come up in a video so far, so can't be sure it's broken all the time, but it certainly was there.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #87
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Why would he be in NL uniform when he was on the AL team last year? When you pick the All Star teams in exhibition, they are the 2009 All Stars. Same with HR derby, they have to put last years AL and NL teams on the field. They can't see into the future and predict who will be on the 2010 All Star team.
wow i'm out of it dude haha, you're right. just completely slipped my mind. working so much lately and dealing with this snow and waiting for this game. i think i really am going crazy
NHL: Rangers
Old 02-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #88
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

OVR: 7

Game looks great! Love the commentary in the Mets/Nats vid where he says something like a make-up call regarding a bad call on a strike and ball. Something that makes me wonder is, why wont they put Ichiro's full name in the game?
NBA: THUNDER

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »