Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #225
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

I've stayed away from this, but I have an honest question..

I keep seeing people say they've been wronged, cheated, lied to, etc. My question is how? I don't recall seeing anything promised by a certain date. I'm just curious where the feelings of betrayal/underhandedness come from.

The rest of this is bound to get long and I don't normally feel compelled to go into all this stuff, but...

__________________________________________________ ____

I would also like to point out (and given the length of this thread, this is probably redundant) that people are not required to purchase it on release day. Meaning that if you are on the fence where a demo might change your mind, the game isn't going anywhere while you wait to make a purchase decision.

If you are not on the fence and fully plan on buying the game anyway, then I'm sorry, but your constant complaining about this "issue" comes off very much like a false sense of entitlement and/or childish "NOW!" demands.

I understand it's frustrating for some people to not have a demo pre-release. I also understand that some may not have the trust in Sony as a business and may suspect something more underhanded is in the works. Heck, I could even understand if the people who DO believe something is up are turned off for various reasons. While I personally disagree, I certainly respect the opinion of others.

I would only say that it doesn't help anyone's case when they just spout of insults, accusations, and misinformation simply because they're upset. Say your piece, articulate your point, and either move on or discuss it rationally. This really shouldn't be too much to ask.

In fact, this could really apply to negative posts across the board. People claim they feel stifled or don't have a voice if they have something negative to say. The truth is though, most of the ones who complain of this resort to irrational complaints and accusations rather than simply supporting their claim(s). Maybe some people are hypersensitive and defensive to critique. I think some are also hypersensitive to explanation or reasoning as well. Should we always reduce things to the lowest common denominator (regardless of which side of the fence they fall)?

A lot of people have gotten turned off of this forum for reasons that can be tied to threads just like this. People get far too emotional about this stuff. I have clearly not been here as long as others, but I joined for this very forum. People just discussed the game, the developers popped in to answer questions, it was great. Now it's really no better than the Madden forums with the way people act.

Sorry for the lecturing tone if it comes off that way and sorry for the length. I promise I'm done now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #226
Banned

OVR: 24

Maybe Sony is releasing the demo the same time as 2k10 for PS3--- March 4th.

All I know is, it's not SCEA's fault.

Also, I don't care, because I'm buying the game regardless. I don't need a demo to convince me.

Last year was different-----it was such a drastic change from 08 that I needed to see it for myself. I wasn't disappointed, obviously.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #227
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn523
Do companies ever admit when they put profit ahead of consumers? I mean come on its not hard to connect the dots. The first year there is no pre-release demo there just happens to be this exclusive deal with Best Buy. Yea im sure its all just random dumb luck and maybe to some it doesnt matter and theres nothing wrong with that. I as a consumer just dont like being taken for granted that regardless their going to get my money.
You are living in a dream world.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I've stayed away from this, but I have an honest question..

I keep seeing people say they've been wronged, cheated, lied to, etc. My question is how? I don't recall seeing anything promised by a certain date. I'm just curious where the feelings of betrayal/underhandedness come from.
I'm not trying to challenge you or anything. I'm just answering your question without any feelings behind this at all.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040614446
Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #229

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital
I'm not trying to challenge you or anything. I'm just answering your question without any feelings behind this at all.

I think you need to clarify what you are linking here...I am set for 40 posts/page, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but your link takes me to a page of 40 posts that say nothing about the demo...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #230
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
Beside Miami, you have one of the best pitchers in the league (JJ) one of the best players (Hanley), a stud kid in your minors (Stanton) and a new retractable roof stadium that will be in the Show 2012. What do you have to be upset about , but i hear you brother ! Hopefully the new unis in 2012 make the MLB style guide correctly lol
All true, I can't wait to see the Marlins new stadium and for the big name change representing the city rather than the state
Old 02-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #231
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital

Am I missing something (serious question)? I clicked the link and it was discussion of community day stuff. My vision ain't the best though...lol ( I checked a couple pages each way (and even the fact sheet itself) and didn't see anything.

What should I be looking for?

EDIT: I see I'm not alone. What are we missing Bob?

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 02-26-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #232
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Am I missing something (serious question)? I clicked the link and it was discussion of community day stuff. My vision ain't the best though...lol ( I checked a couple pages each way (and even the fact sheet itself) and didn't see anything.

What should I be looking for?

EDIT: I see I'm not alone. What are we missing Bob?
I think he was referring to that the fact sheet was supposed to be out on a certain day, and was delayed. But we were told this. We were never promised a day with the demo.

His link is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »