Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #209
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

No MLB the Show demo? No problem. I will play the 2k demo. It is actually pretty decent.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #210
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstl77
No MLB the Show demo? No problem. I will play the 2k demo. It is actually pretty decent.
your just a step from trolling bro...better watch it
Old 02-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #211
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Well, he couldn't be playing the 2K demo on PS3.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #212
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Why is the the book _A Confederacy of Dunces_ coming to mind here?

With all these crack pot theories and uniformed diatribes about the inner workings and motivations of a corporation that I'm 100% that no one here really knows a single thing about (and not to mentioned the occasional troll foreign and otherwise), this thread has got to be in the top 10 dumbest of all time.

And for some reason, I can't stop reading!

I noticed that there are no posts from the mods. They tried to save us from ourselves, but some demanded a forum to rant about this BS. They must just be sitting back and laughing. At least it is all contained within a single thread.
I love when people try to condescend because they blindly defend a company to no ends. Why is it such a farfetched idea to think that a billion dollar company, like Sony has used unethical practices to give themselves an edge of their competitors. So it's all a coincidence that for the first time in years we don't a show demo, yet Best Buy gets to display the game, sounds like great cross-marketing to me. And on top of everything, the 2K demo can't be released either. So these events are just coincidence that somehow helps SONY market their in-house product better than their competitors. Talk about a Confederacy of Dunces, how about the people who blindly support a company and don't believe that all that company cares about is their wallet. Yeah you're right, it's all a misunderstanding and SONY really feels bad that you can't play the other game and you have to go to Best Buy to see their game in action. Yeah, the conspiracy theorists are the idiots
Old 02-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #213
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
I love when people try to condescend because they blindly defend a company to no ends. Why is it such a farfetched idea to think that a billion dollar company, like Sony has used unethical practices to give themselves an edge of their competitors. So it's all a coincidence that for the first time in years we don't a show demo, yet Best Buy gets to display the game, sounds like great cross-marketing to me. And on top of everything, the 2K demo can't be released either. So these events are just coincidence that somehow helps SONY market their in-house product better than their competitors. Talk about a Confederacy of Dunces, how about the people who blindly support a company and don't believe that all that company cares about is their wallet. Yeah you're right, it's all a misunderstanding and SONY really feels bad that you can't play the other game and you have to go to Best Buy to see their game in action. Yeah, the conspiracy theorists are the idiots
You said it not me.

Here's what we know:

*Demo was completed on/around 2/19 according to Jason Villa and submitted to Sony's PSN department for approval and uploading

*Demo was later than normal as they were trying to get the demo to be as close to the final build as possible(various sources including CD attendees)

*Demo will be available on the PSN (various sites..demo is coming)

*Best Buy has an exclusive deal where they are displaying the full game at select locations (Sony blog)

Thats what we know. Anything outside of that is just a "phantom idea"/theory.

And I love the tone that if you don't buy into or disagree with the "theories" then you are blindly defending the company which, is being touted as wrong. But yet, blindly creating fiction is ok.

At the end of the day these why's and what for's are pointless because:

a) a demo will be available for those who want to try out before they purchase can

b) the game will be released on Tuesday for those who know they want the game to buy.

Nothing else, really matters......does it?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 02-26-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: better way to get lighthearted comment across
Old 02-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #214
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
You know what....I ignored this the first time you stated it.
But you're the one who is condescending......and rude when you state that guys who defend SCEA do so "blindly"
As much as you say people who criticize "any little thing" get attacked...so do the guys who try and show the other side...that it might not be the biggest mountain of a problem...and you're one of the biggest offenders.
I love how guys want their right to speak to bitch and moan...but if anyone tells them they are doing so...they should keep it to themselves or be accused of "following blindly".
The hypocrisy is pretty funny.
Bitch and moan all you want...but I'll be the first to call you out on it when you do so when I think it's warranted.(anyone...not you in particular)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #215
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
So now Sony is being unethical?

This is getting funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #216
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You said it not me.

Here's what we know:

*Demo was completed on/around 2/19 according to Jason Villa and submitted to Sony's PSN department for approval and uploading

*Demo was later than normal as they were trying to get the demo to be as close to the final build as possible(various sources including CD attendees)

*Demo will be available on the PSN (various sites..demo is coming)

*Best Buy has an exclusive deal where they are displaying the full game at select locations (Sony blog)

Thats what we know. Anything outside of that is just a "phantom idea"/theory.

And I love the tone that if you don't buy into or disagree with the "theories" then you are blindly defending the company which, is being touted as wrong. But yet, blindly creating fiction is ok.

At the end of the day these why's and what for's are pointless because:

a) a demo will be available for those who want to try out before they purchase can

b) the game will be released on Tuesday for those who know they want the game to buy.

Nothing else, really matters......does it?
I'm not saying there is any truth to the theories, but to condescend people because they don't believe everything that a billion dollar company tells them, is wrong. The skeptics voices have as much merit as the SCEA brown-nosers
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »