Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #57
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Maybe i should've been more specific, more media, PICS and Video

Seems about the same to me. We had videos in almost every dev blog, which have been plenty, Ramone just posted a gameplay video yesterday, and there have been a lot of pics.

I dunno man. We will agree to disagree on this one.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #58
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Who knows, in all fairness, unless you know the developers personally or unless you were involved with the development process, you can't say for sure if they did or not.
you can't say for sure they did.

But I can due to past history strongly believe they didn't lie to us. And when I think about what they could possibly gain(less blame?) vs what they could possibly lose(faith of their fanbase), I'm convinced they are telling the truth.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #59
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
NOBODY...at least me, ain't gonna play a demo next Thurs, when the retailed version is out Tuesday! this just ain't makin'
sense
when/if you are on the fence of whether the game is worth $60 then it makes perfect sense.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #60
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
I never said they lied to us. Ok, maybe they did submit it on the 19th, maybe it is out of their hands, but that does not mean they could have been more proactive on their part. I am asking questions, not blaming.....yet.
I never said you stated they lied to us. Your devils advocate stance was that they weren't disclosing the whole truth(I consider that lying).

And they already stated why the demo took longer this year, its because they wanted the demo build to be as close to retail as possible. The reason being, if the demo is far removed from the final build and is buggy and "subpar" then it could potentially turn away new customers.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #61
Rookie

Rickeysue's Arena

OVR: 2

Add me to the list of people who is not sweating the fact that we didn't get a demo before the release of the game. March 2 is almost here and I can surely wait a few more days to play the game. I also went to a local Best Buy today and watched two people play several innings against each other. The game looks incredible. I am SO appreciative of all the work that goes into making this the best sports game ever made. I also love how the devs openly invite the input of the community when making adjustments to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #62
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

You know what is amusing about all this speculation is that in the other game's forum a whole conspiracy theory popped up when the PS3 version of their demo was slated for next week some time. "Maybe Sony is delaying it on purpose, so their product if first to market...blah, blah, blah" Guess this theory is blown out of the water.

I suppose a rational person would think:

1) I don't know squat about what's really happening

2) Chris@SCEA just told me that they demo was submitted and everyone is just waiting on Sony and PSN

3) Seeing as the competing product is experiencing the same delay, maybe things are just as plain and simple as they appear (good ol' Occam)

But, I suppose that would be rather boring. Making sh*t up is certainly more entertaining.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 14

Since Best Buy has the demo does that mean they are paying for timed exclusive demo releases like MS?

the PS3 community just cant win! j/k
Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #64
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
You know what is amusing about all this speculation is that in the other game's forum a whole conspiracy theory popped up when the PS3 version of their demo was slated for next week some time. "Maybe Sony is delaying it on purpose, so their product if first to market...blah, blah, blah" Guess this theory is blown out of the water.

I suppose a rational person would think:

1) I don't know squat about what's really happening

2) Chris@SCEA just told me that they demo was submitted and everyone is just waiting on Sony and PSN

3) Seeing as the competing product is experiencing the same delay, maybe things are just as plain and simple as they appear (good ol' Occam)

But, I suppose that would be rather boring. Making sh*t up is certainly more entertaining.
Exactly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »