Home

MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #25
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB '10: The Show Blog - Joe Mauer Trailer, Themes & Best Buy Demo

Quote:
no demo wow what about the rest of the people who did not go to best buy is not fair oh well. ill just buy the game..
Dude, stop complaining.

Last edited by vols bravesfan; 02-25-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #26
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauk25

LITTLE did they know that, the repeat repeaters would be hogging up all the consoles at the kiosks at Best Buy so the newer customers couldnt try it out.
So true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?
The latter.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Personally, I don't think we will get the demo until after the full game was released. I think BB payed Sony to keep the demo out of PSN (and to bring the full game into their store) so the diehards would flood into their store and buy their over-priced merchandise. After all, I think the majority of those people who would have downloaded the demo would have been the diehards. This doesn't explain why SOny got the demo ready for release. MLB the Show would not be the first demo to release after the full game release.

At least we got the gameplay video... even though it is Mannywood's Dodgers and the Phillies.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

What is more likely to happen? Someone who doesn't have a PS3 who can never play any demos on the PSN will randomly walk into a Best Buy and buy a PS3 and a copy of the game on release day, or they will already be in a Best Buy store, see the game, play the game, admire the game, then give in to their impulses and go buy a PS3 right then and there?

SCEA in no way makes the demo for us, or for those who already know about the game. The demo is made for the people who have never played the game before and may think about a spontaneous purchase. Why on Earth would Sony waste all their time and resources to get a demo out to us when they know we're going to buy the game already? You can say "I don't plan on buying it right away, and because I can't play it for free I don't want to spend money on it" all you want. Nobody here will believe you anyway and you just come out kind of immature.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?
I could have sworn that in the past you'd said the demo is made by the marketing people and doesn't have an effect on development -- I might be mistaken though.

edit: I'm thinking now that it was either regarding something else (videos maybe), or at least another person saying it, so (maybe) nevermind

Last edited by Electron Blue; 02-25-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron Blue
I could have sworn that in the past you'd said the demo is made by the marketing people and doesn't have an effect on development -- I might be mistaken though.

edit: I'm thinking now that it was either regarding something else (videos maybe), or at least another person saying it, so (maybe) nevermind
Yeah, that was videos and screenshots. Don't think those marketing folks are up to snuff with their coding abilities.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #31
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

[quote=Rich Yung Stars;2040781075]
Quote:
It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?[/

no demo wow what about the rest of the people who did not go to best buy is not fair oh well. ill just buy the game..
Thats a question for marketing we don't control things like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #32
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Not a smart move by Sony as your supposed to get the demo out to as many people as possible and that's what the PSN store is for to promote your game. Well Best Buy won't be getting my money for the game as I don't want this to set a trend with other games and also I do it just to spite them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »