Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #57
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Exclusive Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay (Gametrailers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
*takes a deep breath*

...it's called editing...if a certain individual doesn't look spot-on I.Y.O., then tweak it to your liking - it's the beauty of a video game. And don't say, "I shouldn't have to tweak - they should get it right in the first place" ...don't buy the game then bro.
Come on. We can't be expected to sit around editing the game all year to find something a bit better than what they put in. Asking for some pretty spot on mo cap isn't asking too much.

Before the inevitable "I remember when we had to play (insert old baseball game)", you need to realise that some people want more attention paid to the game between the lines than all the eye candy in the stands.

Some get so defensive when someone brings up a valid criticism or opinion of their favorite game.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #58
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I mean, I think you should apply for a job at Sony if you are going to make comments like this.

"For a guy who is a consensus top 10 pick in fantasy drafts, you'd think his individual style would get some attention. but I guess giant dalmatians are more important."
admittedly, that was a bit over the top and disrespectful to the developers. I am sorry for my comments SCEA- I love you, I adore you, you are my one and only's.

and to respond to a separate comment: I forgot about the patch! That is fantastic news. I imagine there will be quite a bit of fine tuning.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Come on. We can't be expected to sit around editing the game all year to find something a bit better than what they put in. Asking for some pretty spot on mo cap isn't asking too much.

Before the inevitable "I remember when we had to play (insert old baseball game)", you need to realise that some people want more attention paid to the game between the lines than all the eye candy in the stands.

Some get so defensive when someone brings up a valid criticism or opinion of their favorite game.
Most of what you complain about is not valid. It's ridiculous.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
here lies the issue: if you alter Manny's stance, it removes his signature homerun animation- not cool.

I cant believe I am getting crap for complaining about batting stances when people often complain about much less significant things.

Look, SCEA is God for what they do with this game. It is freakin' unbelievable. I mean, I bought a PS3 for the sole reason of playing it... and I'm not some rich guy who has lots of spare money to throw around.. I am a poor college student. but this franchise is THAT good.

It's funny: usually I find myself irritated with the nit-pickers on this forum, but now that I see things from the other side..... ehh i'll stop there I don't know where I'm going with this. All I know is that batting stance correctness is really important to me and it's sad to see a lack of improvement. I apologize if my honesty gets under your skin.
I kind of agree, I love MLB THE SHOW and I am buying it the first day it comes out for sure...

But we can not just live by editing batting stances and pitching wind ups, I think they can do better!

Last edited by berenjena; 02-24-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #61
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

ARE WE SERIOUSLY WORRYING ABOUT BATTING STANCES?
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL, KID. NOT THE STANCE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #62
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
ARE WE SERIOUSLY WORRYING ABOUT BATTING STANCES?
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL, KID. NOT THE STANCE!
It's a much bigger part of the game than 90% of the other stuff going in the stadium.

Some people will be on here worrying about what color to use for a guy's armbands and so forth, so nailing his actual batting stance is a big part of getting the authenticity in the game. If you're on OS, chances are you're a bit anal about authenticity in a sports game.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

I understand where your coming from tim.

As a fan of griffey, his batting stance is not quite right in the game and I do alter it.

But its not the same cuz, like you said, when jr. goes yard he doesnt walk it out since I changed the batting stance.

It comes to two decisions: 1.Stick with the original batting stance so that they have their rituals and hr walks.
OR
2. Change the batting stance so that it looks more like the real life counterpart (but sacrifice what was in #1).

I have been going with the first since I find myself looking for the "perfect" stance most of the time. But like someone told me on this forum (cant remeber who), hitters are always adapting and if you google some pics of the same hitter you may notice different stances (cal ripken anyone). For all we know manny might come into the spring with an open stance. The best advice I can give is to just choose a stance that YOU believe suits him and try to look past it cuz this game is epic in so many ways. Hope that helps.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #64
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2clutch23
I understand where your coming from tim.

As a fan of griffey, his batting stance is not quite right in the game and I do alter it.

But its not the same cuz, like you said, when jr. goes yard he doesnt walk it out since I changed the batting stance.
that is an understatement. his stance is way off. I did a retro Mariner's season with Griffey, A-Rod etc. and I couldn't handle Griffey's stance.. I forget whose stance I used but the only reason I would ever keep his is if I needed some laughs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »