Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #49
GO BLUE

Hitman3315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Exclusive Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay (Gametrailers)

Still missing the white gussets on the Dodgers BP jersey...

Old 02-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
I like how Rollins' throw to 1B doesn't look like it was shot out of a cannon. The bullet throws from deep short last year really annoyed me.
word
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
I am as excited about this game as anyone, but I can't help but feel disappointed.

the batting stances are still off! c'mon now- we can get fans reaching over walls and player-specific cleats, but we can't have accurate batting stances?

Manny- let's start with Manny. Last year it was atrocious, this year it is still off. The 'fix' presents a new problem... yikes. It went from being over-exaggerated to overly bland.

Matt Kemp- watch this video. His stance is squared to the pitcher. In the game he has an open stance. For a guy who is a consensus top 10 pick in fantasy drafts, you'd think his individual style would get some attention. but I guess giant dalmatians are more important.

Ethier's isn't spot on, but I can live with it; I hit damn well with that stance... now onto Roy Halladay.

People are giving Halladay's windup rave reviews. The first 75% of it is perfect, but the front leg stride is noticeably off. in real life he doesn't drift to the left like that (at least I hope not...where would his power come from). Soo close to being right, but not quite. unfortunate.

One thing I love about baseball is the individuality of each player; the various stances, followthroughs, windups etc. I am greatly disappointed that this key aspect of baseball was not given the attention it deserves.

There is a ton to look forward to with this version (Real-time presentation, expanded editing options, hundreds of new animations, 30 team roster control) but I have a sick feeling it will come up short in terms of player individuality.

Bummer, dude.
They also missed an anal wart.. wonk wonk.. edit player.. pick stance.. done..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman3315
Still missing the white gussets on the Dodgers BP jersey...
So what ?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

Come on!!! I didnt see any sweat on their brows...thats it im not

buying this game!!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
I am as excited about this game as anyone, but I can't help but feel disappointed.

Bummer, dude.
I think the way the player models were created might be making it difficult to fix some of these animations...

hopefully we get the new player models next year....

imo, these little things don't bother me much...but there is nothing wrong with pointing them out....as long as you don't come off as a douche.... I mean, I think you should apply for a job at Sony if you are going to make comments like this.

"For a guy who is a consensus top 10 pick in fantasy drafts, you'd think his individual style would get some attention. but I guess giant dalmatians are more important."
Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #55
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Guys, calm down with the "Wrong Batting Stances"
Haven't you noticed there's always a "Patch"about a month after the release of the game.
And what do you notice after the patch? OF course, FIXED STANCES !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #56
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencio
They also missed an anal wart.. wonk wonk.. edit player.. pick stance.. done..
here lies the issue: if you alter Manny's stance, it removes his signature homerun animation- not cool.

I cant believe I am getting crap for complaining about batting stances when people often complain about much less significant things.

Look, SCEA is God for what they do with this game. It is freakin' unbelievable. I mean, I bought a PS3 for the sole reason of playing it... and I'm not some rich guy who has lots of spare money to throw around.. I am a poor college student. but this franchise is THAT good.

It's funny: usually I find myself irritated with the nit-pickers on this forum, but now that I see things from the other side..... ehh i'll stop there I don't know where I'm going with this. All I know is that batting stance correctness is really important to me and it's sad to see a lack of improvement. I apologize if my honesty gets under your skin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »